Dodge Charger Forum banner

Which hood would you go with?

Hood Advice/Opinions

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  BigJuice55 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Been starting to look at a new hood for the Daytona. I have truly fallen in love with the VFN Cuda Style Hood. Love the look of the hood and heard it is a good quality product. My other choice would be a Shaker Hood. I really love the old school look that it gives along with functionality. The only scare I have with the shaker is having to cut my factory hood.

So here are my questions...

VFN Hood:
1) When driving does it flex a lot at highway speeds?
- Had a Trufiber SRT Style hood on my Magnum and it flex and moved like crazy at highway speeds and high speeds.

Shaker Hood:
1) There are a few shaker hoods out there, which one is the best one?
2) Is it something that would be good for an everyday driver?
3) Any issues with a Shaker system?

Which hood would you guys go with?

Thanks everyone for the help!

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't have the Cuda, but I do have VFNs Six Pack hood and I love it.. You just can't go wrong with VFN.. As far as flex at high speeds, I don't have any and I have had my baby up to 130MPH with the hood.. Which ever way you go, both will look sweet..

#7 ·
Shaker.

Go to a junkyard and get a hood to cut up and save the Daytona hood.

That's my plan for next summer.

I've been looking most at Danko's: http://www.dankoreproductions.com/2006-10-dodge-charger-shaker-system-sale.html
Very true, I did think about that but wanted to keep costs at a minimum since if I was to do a shaker I of course want my hood orange and I want to keep the black hood decal. With that being said if I bought a hood from junk yard I would have the cost of that hood + paint hood + the OEM decal from Mopar is like $500 (already checked casue I need to replace mine) + $1000 something for the shaker system = way the hell to much money just for a hood (and me) LOL I can do a ton of other things for that.

Thanks for the idea, I am still going to look in to all that cause thats definitely what I would do if I had the money. Maybe one of these big jobs Im looking to start at when I get out of college will pick me up! :TU: Then planty of mod money LMAO

#9 ·
Very true, I did think about that but wanted to keep costs at a minimum since if I was to do a shaker I of course want my hood orange and I want to keep the black hood decal. With that being said if I bought a hood from junk yard I would have the cost of that hood + paint hood + the OEM decal from Mopar is like $500 (already checked casue I need to replace mine) + $1000 something for the shaker system = way the hell to much money just for a hood (and me) LOL I can do a ton of other things for that.

Thanks for the idea, I am still going to look in to all that cause thats definitely what I would do if I had the money. Maybe one of these big jobs Im looking to start at when I get out of college will pick me up! :TU: Then planty of mod money LMAO
I'm going to have the entire hood painted matte (satin) black and the shaker piece body color, in my case, Plum Crazy. No need for the decal or color matching that way.

Good luck on this and take lots of pics for when I do mine next year. ;)

#10 ·

Thats the reason Ichose the Six Pack, I love the way it looks and it was easier on the wallet..

#12 ·
That's a close call. I love my Cuda hood and see no flex at speed. However, if I were to have gone a different route, it would have been the Danko Shaker. Either would look awesome on your ride. Good luck.:TU:

#16 ·
I just wrestled with the same dilemma myself. Since I liked them both equally, it came down to cost. Danko had the Shaker marked down $250 and with installing it myself, it was cheaper than buying, shipping and having the hood prepped and painted. I just ordered it Friday so I can't speak on it's performance yet, but it was the cheaper way to go.

#18 ·
I like the Cuda.

#19 ·
I voted VFN :D

#20 ·
I just wrestled with the same dilemma myself. Since I liked them both equally, it came down to cost. Danko had the Shaker marked down $250 and with installing it myself, it was cheaper than buying, shipping and having the hood prepped and painted. I just ordered it Friday so I can't speak on it's performance yet, but it was the cheaper way to go.
Yeah, the shaker would be cheaper. If I remember correctly, you actually don't buy a hood...you get the piece that sits on the motor and you have to cut your stock hood. There is no way that I am cutting my hood on my own, so the cost of labor my equal itself out to the price of a whole hood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.