Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
purchasing a 2007 srt8 super bee tomorrow, the car originally sat in florida untill it went to auction and the current owner bought it and but another 6.1L in it from a 2009 srt8 challanger, the exterior, jams, and under hood are all yellow and i scanned the vin and it came back to be a real srt, he has all the paperwork,

im just trying to find out how can i tell if it has a 6.1 in it now and not a 5.7 with a 6.1 intake and covers, how can you spot the difference? he also put a 180 thermostat in there and had a few other mods? im pretty sold on the car and really want it but what should i look out for mechanically, he told me he raced the car.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
im just trying to find out how can i tell if it has a 6.1 in it now and not a 5.7 with a 6.1 intake and covers, how can you spot the difference? he also put a 180 thermostat in there and had a few other mods? im pretty sold on the car and really want it but what should i look out for mechanically, he told me he raced the car.
Unless this car is going for a "distressed" price...say, 30% or more off of current market value...I wouldn't even consider it.

But checking it out could be a good learning experience.

So, start by visiting here and here to check the car's history for free.

Next, pick up a cheap Bluetooth OBD adapter...it'll come in handy for other purposes down the road...and download AlfaOBD. The free demo version should at least allow you to check to see if the correct PCM is in place. If it's not, no need to spend fifteen minutes or so contorting yourself trying to get a clear pic of the side of the block.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts