Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont understand how to remove the led bulb on my charger scat pack ....any idea how to do it ???
desperate help needed....anyone ???

·
892 Posts
If I remember correctly you need to remove some of the plastic rivets on the fender liner, unclip the harness from the back of the bulb, then rotate the bulb to remove.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I remember correctly you need to remove some of the plastic rivets on the fender liner, unclip the harness from the back of the bulb, then rotate the bulb to remove.
thanks for the reply ...i did remove the 3 4 rivets on top of the wheel liner ...i can get to it no problem the problem is removing the dam bulb ...i never this...the bulb looks like is in from the side ...i cant get to remove the dam thing .....usually i twist and it come right out...but this one .....driving me crazy, how do i remove the harness ?? thanks for ur help brother

·
892 Posts
You should see a red clip that you push up to unclip the bulb, then rotate the bulb to the left to remove. replace with the new bulb and don't forget to snap the red clip back down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should see a red clip that you push up to unclip the bulb, then rotate the bulb to the left to remove. replace with the new bulb and don't forget to snap the red clip back down.
thank you so much for the reply, and for ur help....i did that days ago and i did pull the red clip towards me...and i did try to turn that bulb but the all dam metal bock was moving and i didnt want to force....the bulb is not in a very normal position...looks like it goes in sideways...i will try again

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i went to a shop and the did remove the bulb....turns out its not just a regular bulb, everyone thinks its the same set up as the challenger that u just remove the bulb and thats it....scat pack chargers have a ***** fog light...the entire metal piece has to be unclipped and i had to remove my wheel in order to do so cause it was crazy to just get that metal block out...and it turns out ....u cant just replace the bulb but i would of have to replace the entire dam thing....so anyone wants to replace a fog light on the charger scatpack or srt ?? be ready to curse a storm out....lol...i have a video witch i will post soon and i will show what i mean ...so everyone can see it....on youtube i go by the name of FP2000 look for me and i will post a video soon to show what i did....hopefully this will inform some mopar scat pack charger owners and make sure they know what they are in for if they ever come across the idea of replacing the fog light ...bulb.....lol thanks for the help tho i really appreciete the support

·
Registered
275 Posts
How come you want to remove the LED no way it went out already?

I did a halogen/LED swap on my 13 R/T and i had to remove the entire front fascia.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My head lights are just like the older version chargers ....but as far as the fog lights ...are way different ....i have 20% tint over the head lights and that kills the lights so much...so i wanted to upgrade my led fog lights to a much stronger led bulb so it can make more light and i can see better at night, thats the only reason why i wanted to upgrade ...otherwise the original led are just fine...i should of put 35% tint instead of 20% but its done and the car looks so hot lol...and as far as removing the entire fascia ...on my 2013 charger i had before i only removed the rivets around the wheel and thats it...no need to remove anything else...but as far my 2016 scat pack ...for head lights i had no problem, but for the fog lights i had to remove rivets the same way i did to the older charger...im making a video and i will post soon on youtube,....if you like to check it out just look for FP2000 on youtube and you will see my videos

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i made a video so you have an idea how the fog lights look like

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'm glad I found this thread. I have a 2017 Scat and I have noticed that I have condensation on both fog light bulbs.
Now it was very humid and it did rain quite a bit, but a brand new car and bulbs this shouldn't have happened.

I'm curious if I should have the dealer replace with factory ones, since it's a whole new housing?? (Will it happen again?)
Or go the aftermarket route? If I go aftermarket which places should I look?

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok i went to a shop and the did remove the bulb....turns out its not just a regular bulb, everyone thinks its the same set up as the challenger that u just remove the bulb and thats it....scat pack chargers have a * fog light...the entire metal piece has to be unclipped and i had to remove my wheel in order to do so cause it was crazy to just get that metal block out...and it turns out ....u cant just replace the bulb but i would of have to replace the entire dam thing....so anyone wants to replace a fog light on the charger scatpack or srt ?? be ready to curse a storm out....lol...i have a video witch i will post soon and i will show what i mean ...so everyone can see it....on youtube i go by the name of FP2000 look for me and i will post a video soon to show what i did....hopefully this will inform some mopar scat pack charger owners and make sure they know what they are in for if they ever come across the idea of replacing the fog light ...bulb.....lol thanks for the help tho i really appreciete the support
Hey Bud, yeah, I also was trying to change the FOG lights on my 2015 Dodge Charger SXT. Once you removed the paneling under the wheel well, there is NO ACCESS to the light bulb. It would appear the whole light-unit has to come out?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts