Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good evening gentlemen!

New here to the land of FM radios, power windows and computers in cars. This is a big step up from a 108" wheelbase and approx 3100 lbs. I wanted to get registered before my car arrives within the next two weeks. I am buying a 2016 392 Charger since my first choice of a 1960 Chrysler 300F was not in my price range, and these newfangled Chargers seem to fit the same niche. I've been wanting one of these new Chargers ever since I saw that new 392 badge when I looked out the window at the stop light. Now I am finally pulling the trigger.

Been a Mopar guy all my life. My best friend in high school had a '66 Charger with the 383 4bbl. I started driving in my dad's 67 Barracuda convertible with the 273, then later his 68 Barracuda Convertible with the 318. Then I got my own 67 Barracuda convertible with the 225 slant six, and stupidly sold that for less than $3,500. I then rode motorcycles and crappy imports after that until I got my 68 fastback Barracuda back in 2015. Now I'm moving up to a modern car.

The charger's going to be my daily driver so I can take the Barracuda (not 'cuda) off the road and do her justice. Right now, she's my daily driver, but really needs a lot of work, and there's no way I'd put her on the track with the suspension as is.

It looks like I'm going to be using the search function a bit since I'm going to be taking the car down to Sears Point (Infineon) for the Wednesday Night Drags while I build the 360 for my Barracuda, as well as doing all the other work needed (pretty much everything except for the cooling and drivetrain). No, I'm not going to put in a 4" crank because I'm running 4.10 gears.

Funny thing, I was thinking for a long while about running a 4" stroke 318, bored out to 3.950" to give me a 392 Wedge, and I may still do it, but that's a ways down the road.

Anyways, I'll see you guys on the forums! I'll post up eye-candy of both cars when the Charger gets here. Until then, you'll have to suffer with this.

Driving back to Napa from Oregon, coming through Redding at 9pm, it was still over 100 deg.
deleted_license.jpg

1989 LA360 roller motor from a truck. 308 heads SCORE!
IMG_20180520_183032.jpg

Tired old 318 with compression ranging from 100 psi in #3 to 150 psi in #8. That's what you get with un-hardened valve seats and no tetraethyl lead in the gas... Look everyone, power brakes! High tech stuff there.
IMG_20171015_183521.jpg

Parked next to the '71 Javelin which hasn't run in over twenty years.
IMG_20150909_191128.jpg

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Welcome to the forum. 1968 Barracuda is one of my favorite classic Mopars; especially the Forumla S models.

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,570 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Atlanta!!!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Western NY. I also have a fondness for '68 Barracuda's as well. That's what I was driving when I got married back in '72. Just a month or two before my wedding, the engine blew (timing chain slipped a tooth or two and ran the valves into the pistons). I got a used engine and put that in, but I never trusted it after that. On my honeymoon, I stopped at a dealer and bought a '72 Charger SE (fortunately, my wife is very understanding).

·
6,000 Posts
Welcome from Las Vegas. I had a '67 Barracuda coupe for a while. It started out with a 273 and ended up with a B&M supercharged 360 when my brother had it (and sold it).

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
1,513 Posts
Welcome to the Z from NC! Glad you joined, enjoy the site!

We had a 68 Fastback when I was growing up, learned to drive in it. I have a 67 coupe but it's in rough shape, not been driven since 88.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts