Dodge Charger Forum banner

How do you disable automatic headlights that turn on after the vehicle is shut off?

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  HemiLonestar 
#1 ·
08 SXT
When I turn the vehicle off the headlights will turn on automatically for about 90 seconds then shut off. I’m wondering if there is a way to disable this so when I turn the car off all of the lights stay shut off.

#2 ·
In the Uconnect menus there's a "Headlight Off Delay" option where you can change the delay to 0, 30, 60 or 90 seconds.

#6 ·
Why did you post this in three different places?
First time using this site. Didn’t know what page got the most attention. Its sad you had time to point that out like it’s your biggest problem in life or something lol. Sap.

#3 ·
Why did you post this in three different places?

#8 ·
The 2008 menus may be different than the later models. My 2012 main screen has a icon at the bottom of the screen labeled "More". Select "More" and it opens the "Settings" menu. One of the choices on the list should be "Doors & Locks". Select "Doors & Locks" and one of the items on the list should be "Headlight Off Delay".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.