Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does a CMR dyno tune typically cost? And How much does it cost for a custom tune? Or does all that come together?:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Same thing. Expect to pay around $400, I think. -Not worth it unless you have serious upgrades, like a heads, cam, supercharger, etc. Oh, and you WILL need a Predator. (About $300)
*EDIT* Just saw you are running N20...You probably do want a CMR tune, but the TB spacer does nothing, btw. -Sorry.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
You can expect to pay $400-$500 from most reputable shops. I have a friend that has his own business and he did mine for $300. But, vendors have email tunes that run $125 to $250 though I have no idea how good they are.

I have bolt-on mods only and picked up 14RWHP and 20TQ with a CMR tune.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
I got my dyno done down here in Florida with Johan from Diablo Sport. He usually charges 300 bucks for the CMR tune. Then you have to pay the dyno place, its about 100 an hour depending were you go. My dyno day cost me 450 bucks. You might get a lower price if you get a place to dyno and tune it themselves.
I just wanted Johan's toon since he designed the darn thing, and I thought it would be best.
He made me a very safe and powerful toon with ZERO knock.

He said it is very rare for an engine to have zero knock.
So make sure how your knock retard is!
Have fun.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Depends where you go, and WHO toons it.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Depends where you go, and WHO toons it.

I agree, i have paid as little as $265 and he ****ed my car all up.. My HHP tune was $600 but for that I have a Summer tune and a Winter tune..

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Thats f*king awsome. Summer toon and winter toon. I wish I would of had the knowledge of that when I got my tune done. Now I know for the next!

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Thats f*king awsome. Summer toon and winter toon. I wish I would of had the knowledge of that when I got my tune done. Now I know for the next!
Yeah, Josh at HHP knows his shit...:TU:

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
If your in the Keys you may not benifit from two tunes at all the way we will up here more north.

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
How far away is HHP from me down here? I'll be getting a dyno tune soon enough and only know of one place pretty close by and do not know how well they do. I think in richmond there is supposed to be a pretty good tuner there?

Yeah, Josh at HHP knows his shit...:TU:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Like others have said you get what you pay for + know that the tuner has experience tuning our cars. I've had 3 dyno tunes for each performance project. Sure it cost but there are two factors 1) the performance improves and 2) it ain't messing up the engine. That's what a reliable tune provides which also ='s peace of mind.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i have basic bolts ons and dyno steve from rdp motorsports got me 45 rwhp. it was 180 an hour took 2 1/2 hrs and he only charged me four 2. he has tuned thousands of new hemis and it was worth every penny. i have to say i disagree with brandar75 with headers and exhaust, cai, and pred. 45 rwhp is worth it

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
How far away is HHP from me down here? I'll be getting a dyno tune soon enough and only know of one place pretty close by and do not know how well they do. I think in richmond there is supposed to be a pretty good tuner there?

He's up in Delaware, from my house its just a little over an hour drive but I am in Baltimore..

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
i have basic bolts ons and dyno steve from rdp motorsports got me 45 rwhp. it was 180 an hour took 2 1/2 hrs and he only charged me four 2. he has tuned thousands of new hemis and it was worth every penny. i have to say i disagree with brandar75 with headers and exhaust, cai, and pred. 45 rwhp is worth it
You raise a good point - plus at that early stage of mods, you have a really early rwhp reference point.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
had it done for $400 and know of a place that does it for $200....
just make sure they know their stuff... ask other LX members who have taken their rides their...

some places can just turn off knock sensor or adjust the dyno to make it looks like its a huge increase but its not...

ask local car guys ....about performance shops in your area... and ask alot of em.....

you will find out whos legit and whos ....

:TU:

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
If you live in Florida, Go with Johan or BMC-Performance(Speedlogix).

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
So I could take the chesapeak bay bridge tunnel and get there a bit quicker correct? I'm really not savy with the geography of the east coast.

He's up in Delaware, from my house its just a little over an hour drive but I am in Baltimore..

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
So I could take the chesapeak bay bridge tunnel and get there a bit quicker correct? I'm really not savy with the geography of the east coast.
I'm not that sure myself..LOL Mapquest is probably the best bet unless you have nav in the car..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts