Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to paint the strut tower covers but can't seem to get them off... Is there a trick to it? I don't want to force it and break them either.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
I want to paint the strut tower covers but can't seem to get them off... Is there a trick to it? I don't want to force it and break them either.
The round things??? They just pop off with a little pressure.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Yeah they are on pretty tight but they pull right off. You should be able to get part of your finger under them and then just lift up.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Are you color matching them or getting them airbrushed?

·
Registered
972 Posts
when i got my trunk replaced the body shop painted them black and it ruined them and i had to buy a new pair.but idk if that was the reason cause the trunk was from the junk yard

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you color matching them or getting them airbrushed?
Color matched with a little something extra... The engine dress up will be a long term winter project. Still debating on the overall theme.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
See, I used the search engine and found this thread, as I want to remove my strut covers and paint them to match my fuse box cover. So I guess they just pop on and off, cool!
After this, I am going to attempt some kind of painting on my engine cover with the same Dupli color Chrysler blue

·
Registered
569 Posts
They do pop right off

I painted mine Inferno red to match the car, just make sure to clean them good, scuff, prime then paint

1 - 9 of 9 Posts