Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Guys! I've seached and searched for some answers about trying to "reset" my vehicle's computer (PCM) or possibly the transmission. I currently have a mild "bump" sound that happens between upshifts 1 & 2 and vice verse. I read on transmissions where some stated that they took it to the Dealership and they said it was caused by the PCM needing to be reset. Please if any of you have some insight on this please chime in.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Have you tried pulling the #2 fuse? Do you have a predator? You can clear the adaptive PCM with that too.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Have you tried pulling the #2 fuse? Do you have a predator? You can clear the adaptive PCM with that too.
I never thought of the fuse. But for us SE users they dont make a predator. They only just came out with the hypertech max energy tuner for our cars.

·
12,982 Posts
I think you should be able to disconnect the battery for around 20 minutes and force the PCM to reset. I believe it's also possible to reset the TCM by cycling to the run position without pressing on the brake pedal. Then slowly depress the gas pedal to the floor and let it back up. Afterwards, cycle to the off position. When you restart, it should be reset.

I hope that works for you.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you should be able to disconnect the battery for around 20 minutes and force the PCM to reset. I believe it's also possible to reset the TCM by cycling to the run position without pressing on the brake pedal. Then slowly depress the gas pedal to the floor and let it back up. Afterwards, cycle to the off position. When you restart, it should be reset.

I hope that works for you.

Yea, I've heard that you can disconnect the battery to allow it to reset, but how will I know that it has been reset will it be noticeable? Also, once I do this should I take the vehicle to an open lot and do 0-80 runs to allow the vehicle to adapt to this driving habit? I'm asking because in the next week I'm adding pipes and 22 or24 inch rims and I would like to have some power left even though the rims will take most of it away

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey,yes I look in my manual at fuse # 2 and noticed that it was for the PCM now when I take this out should I just wait a certain amount of time before putting it back in or do I have to do the procedure of turning the car to start and holding until I hear a chime and repeating then putting it back in? what's the steps after pulling out fuse #2??

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also looked in the manual and noticed that one of the fuses is listed as "Transmission" what would this due if it's taken out for a period of time and placed back in or simply replaced with a new fuse??

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
99.99% sure it's only fuse 31. I pulled it, waited about 15min, put it back in and noticed a real difference. It resets the PCM to learn.
Well, I have an 08 Model and I'm not sure if the set up is the same. Would the same fuse(s) need to be pulled?

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't think you could reset the 2.7l

Well, I've searched severl different Dodge forumz including the Z and people are saying that it can be done, but I just don't want to pull the wrong fuses out. I think I may just due the battery option and just disconnect the negative for about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Well, I've searched severl different Dodge forumz including the Z and people are saying that it can be done, but I just don't want to pull the wrong fuses out. I think I may just due the battery option and just disconnect the negative for about 30 minutes.

that sounds like a winner, espsecially with all the con-fuse-ion!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Fuse 11 is what I have always heard.

·
Registered
44 Posts
ive heard so many fuzes, ive yet to do this because of that reason, and the fact that no one will tell me if it resets my tuner i have on my charger. i have the hypertech max energy on mine.

if i disconnect the battery will it reset the tuner so i have to reinstall it?

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ive heard so many fuzes, ive yet to do this because of that reason, and the fact that no one will tell me if it resets my tuner i have on my charger. i have the hypertech max energy on mine.

if i disconnect the battery will it reset the tuner so i have to reinstall it?

Not sure on the tuner, but hopefully someone chimes in on that. But, I did disconnect the Battery (Negative cable only) last night for about an hour or so and went to our local Walmart to see if I noticed any difference. Well, not really other than the shifting was slightly smoother and this morning the same thing, but it did seem to decrease some of the lag in the vehicle before I did it. Again, it's only day 1 so I haven't had a real chance to test the difference.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts