Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where exactly is the humidity sensor located? My recirculation doesn't work, I want to replace this veggie I go digging into the dash.

A color glossy 8x10 photograph with circles and arrows with a paragraph explaining what each one is would rock...lol

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
It’s easy. There is a little black box on the windshield next to the rear view mirror. It snaps onto a metal bracket glued to the windshield. You have to be very careful prying it off so as not to break the tangs. Again, the black cover snaps onto the tangs on one side and is hooked onto the plate on the other side so just pry one end or the other up carefully to see which end the tangs are on. I used a small flat head screw driver. The humidity sensor is also delicate. It just lifts out and has a small plug to unplug. I got my humidity sensor for about $59 at my Dodge dealer but they give me a discount. My service advisor printed out a two page instructions from the TSB or service manual. It probably saved a couple hundred bucks doing it myself and the recirculation and max air was back in business! Good luck!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
As mentioned above,.. but also blender motors issues are fairly common for these cars.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
At least you do not have to get into the dash with the humidity sensor! I had all sorts of bad thoughts when my max A/C and recirculation didn’t work. I was so glad to find out it was not in the dash!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whatever happened to the OP on this?
I was seriously sidetracked for a while and haven't had time to mess with this.

i have other more pressing issues, like how to enter the security code on a radio that asked for one, but started working anyway. I think that's why my bluetooth won't connect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts