Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone's got a story of being killed...

OK, so after leaving my parents house in IN, I'm hading towards US 30 on one of the county roads east of Merrillville. A car pulls out in front of me, and from a distance, it looked like a Lambo. As I got closer, I see it's an Audi, a model I'd never seen, and R8. I follow this car all the way to 30, and we're both turning left to head towards I-65. At the light is 2 cars, the Audi, and me. Now just off of appearance and the way this thing sounded, I had a feeling this thing would be kinda quick.

The light turns green, and the two cars in fron turn left, one into the right lane, one into the left. The Audi floors it, and I follow suit while making the turn. Aaaaaannd.....The Audi slaloms the 2 cars and is GONE! I felt like I had forgotten to hit the gas pedal! Seemed like I passed the 2 cars in slow motion...LOL.

I know it wasn't a lined up race or anything, but I was expecting to be left behind quite that bad...LOL. Thankfully, after I got home and did some research, I determined this thing had a 5.2L V10 putting out about 518 hp, and only weighs 3500, about 700 lbs less than my bee with 4 bowling balls and golf clubs in the trunk. So I didn't feel too bad about being whomped on...LOL.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
LOL!! Good try though! Thoses R8's are absolute beast though...no shame in losing to a car that cost over 100 G's.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL!! Good try though! Thoses R8's are absolute beast though...no shame in losing to a car that cost over 100 G's.
Yeah, I just did a little more research...I'm pretty confident it was the V10 manual...$150,000 according to kbb.com for a 2010 model. I'm OK with not being able to hang with that...LOL

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I am impressed he actually played with it. Alot of those guys won't really open their cars up.

By "those guys"...I mean rich people.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If he DIDN'T open it up all the way, from what I saw, I'd be almost scared to see it all out...LOL

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
It happens to us all. I had a lady in a new GT500 stalk me the other day. Sounds like you found your experience amusing as well.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
It happens to us all. I had a lady in a new GT500 stalk me the other day. Sounds like you found your experience amusing as well.
Is there a post about this experience that I missed??

·
Staffing since 2008
20,667 Posts
Dude, those R8s are nasty. Did you see where the guy put one in a lake? At least he gave you a run though

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Those R8's are boss! There is a white one here in Laredo; the owner's a prick.
You should go to his house one night with a rattle can and paint it hot pink then.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Oh yeah...hot pink for sure.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hot pink r8 = sexy

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Nice try. Yeah you must have not known about the R8. LOL They are fast. I still dont think they are fast for what its made for though. The new Viper would knock its doors off.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice try. Yeah you must have not known about the R8. LOL They are fast. I still dont think they are fast for what its made for though. The new Viper would knock its doors off.
Yeah, I had never seen or heard of one before. Kinda cool to get smoked every now and then...gives a little motivation to mod and make the Bee go faster. If only my wallet was as motivated...LOL

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Speed is just a question of how much money you want to spend, that being said there is always someone faster.. Nice run regardless..:TU:

Reactions: evbaxter

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Absolutely...It's al about the fun, and I still had it. So it's all good.

Reactions: BBChallyR/T

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Absolutely...It's al about the fun, and I still had it. So it's all good.
Thats it, hell I will race a GT40 if he will play just for the thril of it..:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts