Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...first. My installer put everything onto "Halle Berry".:D

He loaded the Predator tune onto her and took her out for a spin. He said a few miles out, the Charger started running hot and threw the Serpentine belt.:O

He put the belt back on and took her home and it was the Brand new Jet 180 T Stat that was sticking. He played with it and got the Thermostat working properly and reinstalled it.

My question....Why would the Charger throw the Serpentine Belt? That seems pretty crazy.:4-dontknow:

Next problem....I emailed him the older Crom for the predator that has the EGR delete on it. He saved it to his desktop and tried to put it on the predator but he says the predator or the computer does not recognize the crom on his desktop. So, he can not load it onto the predator. Anyone know how to do this?:4-dontknow:

He loaded the factory tune back onto the the car and now she sits back in his backyard.

My biggest concern is why she would throw the serpentine belt and second, how to load the crom onto the predator.

Thanks alot,

Chris

·
Registered
836 Posts
I don't know about the belt (maybe just put in a little wrong?) but as far as the crom/predator deal I'm pretty sure Diablo took away the ability to disable the EGR in newer versions of the software. So unless you have a older version, the old crom's won't be compatible.

At least, I think that's the reason.

Reactions: trainedkilla

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about the belt (maybe just put in a little wrong?) but as far as the crom/predator deal I'm pretty sure Diablo took away the ability to disable the EGR in newer versions of the software. So unless you have a older version, the old crom's won't be compatible.

At least, I think that's the reason.
The belt has never been touched. I have 17,000 miles on the Charger and it has never jumped off before. I am assuming it either had something to do with the car running hot or with the new map...you know, higher RPMs causing the engine to torque...:4-dontknow:

I was told I could load the ealier software (crom) onto the predator and delete the EGR so I could make the engine light go away.

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
I would say the belt would just be coincidence.

The Chrom should load i would think. I'm not skilled enough to give you the answer but you should try emailing Diablo directly.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help...I know there are people on here that have done the crom...that is where I got the idea.

·
Registered
649 Posts
intsalling the crom should work just fine, i have a technical background and i can fiddle with it till it works, but that doesnt benefit you any.... but when i installed the latest software it was pretty straight forward, unless the newer predators have some type of programming where it wont over ride new software for old (the programs i work on do this) it should be find the file through the pred software then install simple as that, has your mechanic buddy ever upgraded the software in a pred before?

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
intsalling the crom should work just fine, i have a technical background and i can fiddle with it till it works, but that doesnt benefit you any.... but when i installed the latest software it was pretty straight forward, unless the newer predators have some type of programming where it wont over ride new software for old (the programs i work on do this) it should be find the file through the pred software then install simple as that, has your mechanic buddy ever upgraded the software in a pred before?
No, first time he has dealt with one. He said he took it to the car first, it prompted him to update, he took it to the computer (diablosport site) and did so, then back to the car to upload the initial pred tune.

That is when it jumped the serpentine belt. He then took the car home...put the factory tune back on the car and then tried to upload the r12 crom onto the pred.

He said when he plugged the predator up and attempted to locate the crom (which was on his desktop), the browsing window does not show the crom as being on his desk top at all.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do I have to download something onto the computer separate from whats in the predator to read the r12 crom?

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry killa I have no idea of anything that I just read above..

I hope it all works out for you brother..
Thanks Jesus...I hope to get it worked out and I hope that serpentine belt never jumps off the pulleys again.

That HEMI was getting a little to rowdy I think.:D

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thanks Jesus...I hope to get it worked out and I hope that serpentine belt never jumps off the pulleys again.

That HEMI was getting a little to rowdy I think.:D
Killa-
I think your buddy was Doggin the Sh*t out of your car for the belt to throw...!
Anyhow, I hope you get this issue figured out.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Sorry I know nothing about what you mentioned.I hope you get it figured out and she starts working for you.Thats why I am so picky about who drives my car.I have had family ask to drive her and I tell them to keep dreaming.lol. If she goes in for work I watch and write down the mileage.I am a very protective mama.lol. Anyways hope you get her going,sorry I cant help.:(

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
It sounds to me like THE PC did not recognize the the PRED was plugged into the PC. I did not try and use a old crom when I loaded mine but I did have the Virus software cause problems with the PRED usb connection. Just a thought.:D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ok...first. My installer put everything onto "Halle Berry".:D

He loaded the Predator tune onto her and took her out for a spin. He said a few miles out, the Charger started running hot and threw the Serpentine belt.:O

He put the belt back on and took her home and it was the Brand new Jet 180 T Stat that was sticking. He played with it and got the Thermostat working properly and reinstalled it.

My question....Why would the Charger throw the Serpentine Belt? That seems pretty crazy.:4-dontknow:

Next problem....I emailed him the older Crom for the predator that has the EGR delete on it. He saved it to his desktop and tried to put it on the predator but he says the predator or the computer does not recognize the crom on his desktop. So, he can not load it onto the predator. Anyone know how to do this?:4-dontknow:

He loaded the factory tune back onto the the car and now she sits back in his backyard.

My biggest concern is why she would throw the serpentine belt and second, how to load the crom onto the predator.

Thanks alot,

Chris

Chris

What parts did he load/install into " Halle Berry" ? What tune did he load onto the car? The thermostat ? If so the Jet has a wheep hole and it should be placed in the 12 oclock position when installed , also did he adjust your fan speeds ?

The belt could be coincidence . but need more detailed information .

So does your mechanic have the Dsdnloader program ? did he load the drivers for the USB ? did he follow the documentation ( I though I sent from Diablo on Hoto update crom)

Bill

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Killa-
I think your buddy was Doggin the Sh*t out of your car for the belt to throw...!
Anyhow, I hope you get this issue figured out.
Good Luck!
I dont doubt that he was in the pedal trying to see what differences the predator made. Thanks!

Sorry I know nothing about what you mentioned.I hope you get it figured out and she starts working for you.Thats why I am so picky about who drives my car.I have had family ask to drive her and I tell them to keep dreaming.lol. If she goes in for work I watch and write down the mileage.I am a very protective mama.lol. Anyways hope you get her going,sorry I cant help.:(
He is one of the very few I let drive my car or motorcycle, I am very protective also! Thanks for chiming in!:D

It sounds to me like THE PC did not recognize the the PRED was plugged into the PC. I did not try and use a old crom when I loaded mine but I did have the Virus software cause problems with the PRED usb connection. Just a thought.:D
Thanks brother, I will ask him. Thanks!

Chris

What parts did he load/install into " Halle Berry" ? What tune did he load onto the car? The thermostat ? If so the Jet has a wheep hole and it should be placed in the 12 oclock position when installed , also did he adjust your fan speeds ?

The belt could be coincidence . but need more detailed information .

So does your mechanic have the Dsdnloader program ? did he load the drivers for the USB ? did he follow the documentation ( I though I sent from Diablo on Hoto update crom)

Bill
Thanks for the response Bill! Well, he installed the thermostat, catch can with relocator, Airaid CAI, EGR block off, strut tower brace and then he loaded the 93 octane w/ CAI tune. He did not touch the serpentine belt. He did adjust the fan settings in the pred also.

I will ask him about the T stat. I have to talk to him today and see if he worked out the crom issue. I find a "step by step" PDF presentation that I sent him.

Thanks alot!

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok...new issue. He said he got the computer to recognize the r12 crom but when he tried to put it on predator, the Predator now say "Launching Application" and stays there.

It is stuck. Has anyone had this problem? Is there a way to reset it?

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stay calm bro. It will get worked out. Does he have the DSdownloader installed on the CP?
:D:TU:I know brother! It is getting down to the wire and now I am having these issues. lol Always works like that huh?

Yes, he got the DS downloader from the DS site and he says the computer now recognizes the r12 crom. When he attempted to put the r12 crom on the predator, it froze on the "Launching Application" screen.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Chris

He did put the car back to STOCK before updating/attempt to update crom correct ? ad is this the predatorr freezing on launching application ? or is it the Dsdnloader ?

Bill

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The predator is freezing on launching application.

He did put the stock tune back in.

On the DS website, MikeL is telling me that you CAN NOT load an earlier crom into a new predator. The DS techs are telling me to load the r27 back into the predator.

I dont know how to do that with the predator stuck on that screen though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts