Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 14 RT+. It has the stock chrome caps 20's. Spring time they are going bye bye....

I am little old skool muscle car guy and have been thinking about going smaller staggered wheel 18's or 19's

Also don't know if I wanna go chrome or black. Everyone says black but maybe black chrome?

Any help or advice be appreciated.

I do would better with pics........show me some pics of your "non stock" 18's or 19's.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
To me, black is so played out. And if not a black chrome the look like crapola soon after. I have the wheels you are getting rid of and love em. So to each his own eh?

·
Registered
543 Posts
To me, black is so played out. And if not a black chrome the look like crapola soon after. I have the wheels you are getting rid of and love em. So to each his own eh?
Yeah I’ve got black and looking to change it up myself. I like the wheels I have so I may just have them powder coated a different color or strip them and polish them.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Dont get black its played out.
Dont go with 18s, they will look silly on the car because theyre too small.
If you are going to change the wheels, go with dark grey 20s. Dont get any wheels with a lip, they will look too small.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
  • Nothing will look as good as the 20’s on it. Your wheels look good on your car. That style wheel really is flashy when the car is rolling! My factory wheels are the same as yours except blacked out below the top of the spokes. I think some Challenger R/T Classics have the same wheels. Maybe it’s a paint scheme you can consider? I’ll never change them. My car is going on 7 years old but still gets lots of compliments.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Its so hard to beat factory. They have teams of engineers that go through lots of trouble to get things to complement each other. Its no easy. My R/T Plus came with 18 Chrome Clads I put up with until I needed to go to 20's for the BR9 brake upgrade. So I put OE 20" CC's on her.

·
Registered
428 Posts
linky no good... these

Platinum
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on PinterestEmail Page to a Friend
GEMINI
Chrome Plated
20 x 8.5

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Yes, these cars have big wheel wells, which need to be filled. If you go 18s, you'll need a tall tire to fill them. Maybe paint/Plasticoat them?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Reactions: RamAirV1
1 - 11 of 11 Posts