Is this a good buy?

• Good buy

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen: I am planning on buying a one owner 2014 Charger R/T with 19,000 miles, Road/Track package, Leather interior, 20" OEM chrome wheels, Eibach 1/2-2" lowering springs, K&N cold air intake and Magna Flo mufflers in showroom condition for $19,000.00. Is this a good buy or great buy? What things should I look for when it comes to the Eibach springs and the suspension? I plan on getting a pre-purchase inspection at a local tire store. Are these modifications a good thing or bad thing for this model? Your thoughts would be much appreciated before I cash out this Saturday. Here's a photo of the silver beast. Thank you. Larry

2014 Dodge Charger RT Hemi.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Just so you know, those are 18" wheels, not 20s. You can always upgrade those too.
They are chrome plastic wheel covers, kinda like glued on hubcaps to steel wheels.
Make sure that the exhaust is actually magnaflow.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Not a bad price for the low mileage but I do not believe that is the Road and Track package. Just because it is an R/T, R/T does not stand for Road and Track package. The Charger R/T Road and Track will have an all black grill with a red and silver R/T emblem in the grill and on the trunk lid. The basic R/T has a silver R/T badge on the deck lid and none in the grill. Mine is a 2013 but 2014 were the same. What looks like silver around the cross hairs on my grill is actually black and the light reflecting off it. The Road and Track has a higher speed engine controller than a standard R/T, 20” wheels, body color painted rear spoiler and a few other nicer features than a regular R/T. I would want to see the window sticker.
2560B17F-6ECC-43FC-8F17-8B3D3322B42A.jpeg
E3736218-DDF8-4407-A476-672897DBF704.jpeg

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Agreed...with great price and what BilletAG said! By the looks of those stock pics you posted, the front grille has the dodge emblem and not the blacked out grille with the red/silver R/T badge (which would signify the Road & Track.)
There's also a site where you can search the vin and gives you the exact breakdown of options and standard features on that particular dodge car...it's on dodge's website..

I paid a lot more for mine bone stock and with a bit more miles...so yeah, good deal going...

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
With the projector low beams it may b an R/T Plus. Get the sticker. Go into the Uconnect "Controls" setting and see if there is a Sport Mode button between the heated seat buttons.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
With the projector low beams it may b an R/T Plus. Get the sticker. Go into the Uconnect "Controls" setting and see if there is a Sport Mode button between the heated seat buttons.
Not necessarily true, my car is an R/T Plus & does have the Customer Preferred Package 29P (which would be the R/T Plus trim), but never had the sport mode "activated" until I got the Tazer. For some reason, mine was disabled from factory even though it's on my build sheet and is a feature listed in my car according to my VIN. It had the light in the gauge (orig. 2014 one) and everything, but NO option to select it from the uconnect..never got a straight answer from FCA or from the stealership either on this....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gentlemen: Thank you very much for your wisdom and experience. At this point, I am hesitant to buy this low-mileaged base model R/T even though it was upgraded with leather, 18" chrome clad wheels, Magnaflo mufflers and the Eibach springs. I believe the seller falsified to me that it had the Road and Track package. The seller also tells me that a Dodge dealer already offered him $19,000. It probably has skid marks from the front lower bumper all the way to the rear axle from being so low from slanted up driveways, bad roads and going over slow down strips. It probably drives horribly where you feel every bump too. Do you agree with my assumptions?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Not a bad price for the low mileage but I do not believe that is the Road and Track package. Just because it is an R/T, R/T does not stand for Road and Track package. The Charger R/T Road and Track will have an all black grill with a red and silver R/T emblem in the grill and on the trunk lid. The basic R/T has a silver R/T badge on the deck lid and none in the grill. Mine is a 2013 but 2014 were the same. What looks like silver around the cross hairs on my grill is actually black and the light reflecting off it. The Road and Track has a higher speed engine controller than a standard R/T, 20” wheels, body color painted rear spoiler and a few other nicer features than a regular R/T. I would want to see the window sticker.
View attachment 90432 View attachment 90434
So your Charger is a Daytona with the Road and Track Package?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yes, with the Super Track Pack option. It’s been a great car. Fast and comfortable. Bought it new and have 125,000 trouble free miles on it. (I added the SRT side skirts). Basically the same car and color as the 2014 R/T like the one in the OP’s post but looks (and probably runs) completely different.
C936BFF9-3DA4-4A7A-9A77-72EB2CD2FEFE.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gentleman: Thank you again. I have decided not to buy the 2014 Charger R/T with 19K miles for $19,000 since the seller lied to me that it had the Road & Track package. SO here is my alternative purchase: a gorgeous 2016 Cadillac XTS loaded with 10,000 miles for $23,500 from the original owner with 2 years remaining on the bumper to bumper Cadillac warranty. Black on black. I cannot wait to ceramic coat it and polish it so that it looks like it has 10 coats of clearcoat.
2016 Cadillac XTS.jpg

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
No worries brother! Beautiful Caddy..I assume you haven't purchased it yet as you stated it's your "alternative purchase?"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts