Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Flowmaster Force 2 exhaust system on my charger right now. Looking to get more sound exteriorly but keep the inside where it is with the force 2. I was thinking maybe adding headers & keeping the force 2. Or get the zoomers exhaust system & sell the force 2. I'd try a reso delete but I'm sure the drone would drive the wifey & 5 year old crazy. Corsa is not an option (don't ban me from the site). What do you guys & gals think?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all the vids I seen of a 5.7L Hemi with your system sound badass. Why u no happy :)
You know when you said you had the Corsa sport but wished you would've gotten the extreme? That's kinda how I feel about the force 2. Don't get me wrong I like it and I'm not downing it just want more. Call me greedy I guess.

Corsa is not an option? Everyone gather as many rocks as you can, a stoning is about to happen.
LOL don't stone me. I should rephrase and say Corsa is an option only if I can find someone selling theirs at a great price.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
There was a old post where someone had removed the resos on the force 2 and got drone.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was a old post where someone had removed the resos on the force 2 and got drone.
Seen a few YouTube vids with Flowmaster delta flow super 40s & reso delete. Sounds awesome! From reading the comments they all say the drone is not bad at all. Hemi3 said the same as well.

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
What about the Air silencer delete also!?! Or was it the R/T that didn't have one? But, if you do it sits right above the driver's side fog light and restricts some of the engine noise you might be looking for. I know it made my exhaust note a little deeper.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about the Air silencer delete also!?! Or was it the R/T that didn't have one? But, if you do it sits right above the driver's side fog light and restricts some of the engine noise you might be looking for. I know it made my exhaust note a little deeper.
Done that and it did help a little. Like you said it gave the exhaust note a little deeper tone.

·
Registered
324 Posts
cutting the resonators will always add drone. Its personal preference if you or your passenger can handle it.

I'd say keep what you got and just spend the money on a good set of headers (or go fast mods) it'll change the tone that you might like and save you the hassle of changing your current exhaust. JMO

Good luck man

·
Registered
80 Posts
Maybe you could replace the mufflers with something louder like glasspacks or straightpipe? Super10s probably wouldn't work since they don't come in the offset/center configuration. I don't know what else is louder than the Super44's. You'd have to look around for some mufflers that have similar dimensions.

·
Registered
631 Posts
My setup, which is the flowmaster super40's with reso deletes, there is some drone but it's not so loud to where I believe it would be annoying. Like I said in my video, the drone seems to be at its loudest when the engine is cold. As the engine warms up, the drone is very tolerable. So tolerable, after awhile you'll get used to it and won't even notice it after a few minutes. Headers of course is rarely a bad decision when impoving the exhaust system. What I didn't know about was the Air Silencer Delete. Someone fill me in a bit more on that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Maybe take a look at some aftermarket resos then you just might be able to have your cake and eat. Also headers wouldn't hurt either!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My setup, which is the flowmaster super40's with reso deletes, there is some drone but it's not so loud to where I believe it would be annoying. Like I said in my video, the drone seems to be at its loudest when the engine is cold. As the engine warms up, the drone is very tolerable. So tolerable, after awhile you'll get used to it and won't even notice it after a few minutes. Headers of course is rarely a bad decision when impoving the exhaust system. What I didn't know about was the Air Silencer Delete. Someone fill me in a bit more on that.
Do a search for air silencer removal. Should come right up. Phone won't let me post the link.

Maybe take a look at some aftermarket resos then you just might be able to have your cake and eat. Also headers wouldn't hurt either!
The force 2 has Flowmaster resos. I really like the idea of headers. Doesn't adding headers void the warranty though? I'm not sure. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Reactions: chargernomics
1 - 18 of 18 Posts