Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have an I3 in there ride ???? getting mixed reveiws .... some hate it ... some love it. i can't seem to get a strait awnser as to what it will do .... aka can i turn the fans on at 180-85 .... stuff like that. and i gave up on calling them after being on hold for an hr. ... besides id rather hear from the ppl that own one not a sales pitch.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
anyone have an I3 in there ride ???? getting mixed reveiws .... some hate it ... some love it. i can't seem to get a strait awnser as to what it will do .... aka can i turn the fans on at 180-85 .... stuff like that. and i gave up on calling them after being on hold for an hr. ... besides id rather hear from the ppl that own one not a sales pitch.
Don't know about anyone else, but I Love my intune i3 Platinum! Yes, you can change a lot of parameters within such as having your fans turn on at certain designated temps. You can set your shift points and change things like turning off/on eco-mode, etc...

I've personally run Diablosport tuners on many vehicles over the many years, and I love their products and has served me very well on the streets, and the tracks! Honestly, always go on your gut...if it tells you that this is a tuner that you want and will serve your purposes, then go for it! There IS noticeable differences from no tune - canned tunes/custom tunes...as well as there are differences in brand tuners, and I've used a couple other brands, but Diablosport is always my go-to!

Hope this has helped some....

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I have the i2 (predecessor to the i3) and have used it successfully for several years ... which is why I still use it. I suspect some of the confusion regarding the i3 may be due to the fact there are two versions; the 50-state compliant i3 and the platinum i3. The 50-state compliant i3 is California CARB compliant and limited in function compared to the full function platinum i3.

Reactions: MadMaxx

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the i2 (predecessor to the i3) and have used it successfully for several years ... which is why I still use it. I suspect some of the confusion regarding the i3 may be due to the fact there are two versions; the 50-state compliant i3 and the platinum i3. The 50-state compliant i3 is California CARB compliant and limited in function compared to the full function platinum i3.
how far down can ya turn the fans down ??

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
how far down can ya turn the fans down ??
Good question. I set my fans according to the recommendations provided by HHP (High Horse Performance), for the 180°F thermostat I purchased from them, and I didn't increment down to the lowest possible value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts