Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, mid life crisis kicked in. my wife passed away a few years ago. my oldest boy will be getting his license soon. time to ditch the 2019 pacifica. who knows if i'll make i to retirement. i was looking at '18-'20 used scatpacks. they either have high mileage or high price, or both, so no go. i started looking at new ones, and contacted a few dealers that showed stock to see fi they would honor employee discount. they all said no. i contacted my employing dealer, and they said if i order it, then yes they will honor it. basically, i'll be paying a hair over what the used ones were, and it won't have been beaten on. i went with: go mango, carbon stripes, red calipers, harmon kardon, power sunroof, plus package, convenience package. i put $1k down on 09/26. they said 8-10 weeks. we'll see how true that is. the brampton plant was closed last week. not sure if it has reopened. my luck, i'll get it right as the snow starts to fall! i'll mostly be lurking. my signature shows everything i have already purchased for the car. obviously, the tinit won't happen unitl it arrives!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ordered 09/26. build sheet went live yesterday. hopefully the window sticker within a few days, and MAYBE, i'll have it before christmas.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
window sticker came thursday 12/02. vin nows shows as valid in my chrysler starparts electronic parts catalog. now we wait for the train...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered mine on 1Nov. Picked it up from the dealer last Monday. Good luck!
Seriously!? I orderes mine back on 10/22. Has been in "transit" for nearly a month. My dealership will not push the issue. It has been sitting at a storage lot a little more than an hr from me. I am beginning to get ticked. I am happy for you; but extremely pissed LOL!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seriously!? I orderes mine back on 10/22. Has been in "transit" for nearly a month. My dealership will not push the issue. It has been sitting at a storage lot a little more than an hr from me. I am beginning to get ticked. I am happy for you; but extremely pissed LOL!
same. mine left the plant on the 2nd. last reported in buffalo on the 6th. hasn't moved since, and was told it is now in hold status. i am leaving on vacation saturday the 25th, and am quite doubtful it will arrive before then. hopefully the rebate and 0% financing carries over to january.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
damn....what's the deal? it was shippedfrom the brampton plant, and arrived in buffalo ny 12/03. salesman says no update on eta from mopar still, as of 12/30...... this blows. if mopar sends a survey, they are getting tanked....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine has been sitting in a storage/shipping lot since 11/20. They said it left the gate of the storage lot but was never receipted that it arrived at the shipping lot. Suspicions have kicked in. Mopar sent my issue further up. They have given very little/vague update almost two weeks ago. I agree they failed miserably.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so after speaking with dodge chat this morning, still no real help. they did send me an email, but i think it's just fluff to make it look like they care.

"I have opened this special tracking file (Case 8155xxxx) to both help ensure your order is given prioritization through to delivery, as well as to provide you with available status updates along the way.
At this present time, your vehicle is shipping and we are working on obtaining an ETA for when it will arrive at the dealer."

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Charger R/T
28 Posts
The crappy thing is most cars are shipped by rail.
My old roomate in college is a railfan.
He earned his Master's Degree in International Business but he's a railroad engineer. No one was surprised. :p

My buddy told me years ago the railroads all think it's 100 years ago.
They have stunningly lucrative contracts to haul coal and steel.
Those two things cause them to not give two $#!+$ about anything else that rides the rails.

Raise h3ll with a railroad and all you get is, "...yeah...it's been sitting on a siding outside of Topeka for the last 3 weeks...yeah...we know it's there...yeah...we'll get it moving...eventually...".
Things move through the process of getting loaded, unloaded, stored, and shipped at a pace that make snails look blazing fast.
(except the aforementioned coal or steel - that stuff goes like green grass through a goose)

Guess my point is I know it has to be frustrating as all getout.
But I wouldn't feel picked on or kicked to the side at all.
It's not you.
It's the unfortunate nature of the beast when shipping things by rail. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i was under the assumption that they go by 18 wheeler up to a certain distance. if the dealer is 1000 miles away or less, it goes by truck. i'm only about 400 miles from the facility in buffalo it was supposedly being stored at.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Charger R/T
28 Posts
You obviously know a lot more about how manufacturers ship cars than I do – wasn’t aware of that. 😉

What I do know about is logistics.

It’s astounding how much stuff gets shipped “hub and spoke”.
Regardless of how close or how far, it all goes to a central point and then back out.
FedEx showed the world it’s cheaper to ship a lot of things the long way instead of a few things the short way.
The world listened. :rolleyes:

But if the only thing we’re talking is 18-wheelers, that’s still a nasty beast.
Our supply chain is shattered right now.

Right now, the rate I’m paying to run a truck from Florida to South Carolina is what I used to pay to run a truck from California to South Carolina.
And that’s when I can even FIND a truck to put wheels under the load.

Truckers are getting calls from their dispatchers saying, “Whatever you’re hauling, unhitch it. Now. I got another load for you that pays double what that one does.” So the driver drops the trailer wherever he happens to be - side of the road, interstate offramp...

It’s ridiculous.

Point being – don’t feel picked on.
It’s h3ll to move anything around right now.
Freight is higher than giraffe’s nuts twice and trucks are scarcer than hen’s teeth.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yea brampton is 200 some miles from me. So it left the factory by truck. Now sitting in a lot an hr from my dealership. My car never travelled by rail.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts