Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My door panels are all black and I always use Meguiars supreme shine protectant. Just recently the door panels look like they are fading I want something that will make them shine, but not ruin them. Any suggestions:4-dontknow: I was told that the meguiars has carnuba in it and thats what is fading them can I strip whats on there safely?

·
Registered
14,955 Posts
I use the Turtle Wax Ice for the interior though I don't have black door panels...BTW that makes me jealous....:gy:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Not sure if that is reversible, try hitting it with a mild cleaner. I've never been a huge fan of the shiny look on interior pieces, I just like it to look clean. I use Lucas Oil slick mist interior detailer. It leaves a shine so I use it in moderation and I use an extra terrycloth towel to wipe the surface really good after I apply it and it just gives a nice clean look.

·
Registered
14,955 Posts
The TW Ice does not leave a shiny residue and it smells good too.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use the Turtle Wax Ice for the interior though I don't have black door panels...BTW that makes me jealous....:gy:
I love that my interior is all black, but now it is starting to look crappy:mad: I guess it is possible to wash your car to death. LOL

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
I use Supreme shine with huge success

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure if that is reversible, try hitting it with a mild cleaner. I've never been a huge fan of the shiny look on interior pieces, I just like it to look clean. I use Lucas Oil slick mist interior detailer. It leaves a shine so I use it in moderation and I use an extra terrycloth towel to wipe the surface really good after I apply it and it just gives a nice clean look.
What is a safe mild cleaner I can use on the doors?

I did use the TWI for the interior and thats when they turned white/grey. I hope it didnt ruin them. Here is a pic of what it did to them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2012 charger is doing the same thing and only have had it 3 months my 07 Los did the same. Only the driver side where my arm rubs it. It's weird. When I take it to car wash they clean door and it goes away only to reappear after a few hours.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That white could be buildup of all those cleaning products. And textured surfaces, especially near door handles and buttons, will actually become caked with dead skin. Applying more products won't necessarily fix this. What you need to do is clean all the chemicals and skin off with a solution of water and Dawn and a cloth. Will take some elbow grease, but you can get them looking close to new. Then use the meguires natural shine and you're good to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts