Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does the Predator Tuner let you re-install the tune if it's already installed in your vehicle ? :4-dontknow:
This is what happened:
I wanted to restore the factory/stock tune back in my vehicle, I didn't have any instructions on hand, so I thought I could just read and follow the on screen instructions on the tuner.

First screen says Performance tune, Diagnostics, Modify tune.....but no Restore Original Factory Tune.
I choose the Performance Tune, the next screen pops up with Performance 93, Performance CAI 93....ect.....again no restore original factory tune, so I select Performance 93 like I had before, not knowing I had to scroll down to find and select restore back to factory tune.

So what happens is, I just Installed the Performance 93 tune again, I guess over the last install, I realized later to scroll down the menu to find and select restore original tune.
Back to my question, why does the Predator Tuner let you re-install the tune if it's already installed in your vehicle ?

I used an SCT tuner before on another vehicle, and if you hooked it up to the vehicle with the tune already installed, it would automatically take you to the restore back to original, "window".
I know it doesn't do any harm because I'm driving my Charger, but it doesn't make it right. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just an fyi , before installing any tune make sure you select "Reset All Parameters" before installing it. As far as why the predator lets you re-install same tune over and over is that is does not necessarily do a bit check on all the parameters, example let day you install a 93 cai tune and then modify it or not ,you then load it all is not good or you do not like the results, so you select the 93 cai tune again ( with the canned parameters ) to over write the existing 93 cai tune , truthfully if you look at it somewhat of a safety feature. So basically the predator can tell you last tune written but it does not know if you if you did or did not change certain parameters within the tune. hopefully that makes since...

Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts