Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely hated the stock exhaust and had to get rid of it. I got a killer deal on a take off 2019 R/T exhaust and thought what the hell, why not.

As it turns out, it’s a direct bolt on with the only modification being using mechanics wire to hold the exhaust valves open. Past that, everything bolted up and the actual exhaust system is significantly lighter than the 2016 setup.

The sound is great! Absolutely no drone, deep rumble and quiet while cruising. It does sound a little weird when the cylinder cutoff kicks in but not bad enough to warrant doing anything about it.

Key points in the install:

1. Remove the rear valance and integrated tips first. They interfere with removing the old exhaust due to the enormous size of the resonators.

2. Slide the new exhaust on the Mid-Pipes first and then hang the center mounts near the differential. This allows you to slide the system forward or backward as needed.

3. Install the pursuit rear valance last after checking for leaks. Make sure you buy the new rivets for the valance, especially if you’re going for an oem look.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Lucky! That stock exhaust is horrible, flat resonators and 2.5 inch. You kept those mid muffs on your new exhaust? I drove a 2019 r/t plus and it had that exhaust, sounded throaty. Makin me sweat just thinking about it lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, I kept it completely stock other than wiring the active exhaust valves open since my ‘16 didn’t come with active exhaust.

·
Read Only
255 Posts
Lucky! That stock exhaust is horrible, flat resonators and 2.5 inch. You kept those mid muffs on your new exhaust? I drove a 2019 r/t plus and it had that exhaust, sounded throaty. Makin me sweat just thinking about it lol
It was even worse. The 2015-2016 R/T’s had 2.25”. Even after I removed the mid mufflers my old 2016 still sounded meh. I wasn’t about to pay $$$ for a complete exhaust system. I was out to be out of my lease back in Nov 2019 and I unbelievably had positive equity so I traded it for a 2018 R/T because I love carplay and that active exhaust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts