Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has installed an R/T exhaust on their own at home or is this a job for a muffler shop to do? From what I can find it would appear to be a bolt on system, but I may be mistaken. If it can be done at home, are any special tools required? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jay

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has installed an R/T exhaust on their own at home or is this a job for a muffler shop to do? From what I can find it would appear to be a bolt on system, but I may be mistaken. If it can be done at home, are any special tools required? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jay
I can't tell you too much personally. I have an R/T and added an exhaust from an SRT. The SXT, having single exhaust, I would think, would make it a better job for a Muffler shop (depending on your skills and equipment on hand (like I would think that there would be some welding required. Like I said, I've not done an SXT, just going by what I have read here and on the GPMM. Hopefully SOMEONE with more knowledge of this, will chime in and provide YOU with better input than I have. BTW, good lick with your efforts, I HAVE heard that the results ARE worth the efforts. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just put an r/t exhaust on my sxt about a week ago and had a shop do it for $100 and I had the resonators cut off. They had to weld on tips but i looked into installing the set up myself but I don't have a great lift system I can use. But it is able to do by yoursef but you will need a conversion pipe from 2 1/4 inches to 2 1/2. If you can for $100 just have someone do it I was very pleased with the outcome.:)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the help with this. I will most likely have a local shop do it for me and save the hassle if I run into problems.

Cheers,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts