Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do anyone know or heard if this interface work?

From Crutchfield website:

Product Overview: The XSVI-6502 OEM integration harness allows you to install an aftermarket radio in select Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep vehicles. In these vehicles, there are no 12-volt accessory wires in the factory harness, which requires the installer run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio. The XSVI-6502 is designed to provide a 12-volt, 10-amp switched accessory output (red wire), along with a dimmer wire (orange/white wire).

Retained Accessory Power: The Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.) function supplies power to the radio after the ignition is shut off until one of the front doors are opened. This function is retained by the XSVI-6502 harness.

Compatibility: The XSVI-6502 harness is compatible with the following vehicles:

Chrysler: 2005-07 300
Dodge:
2006-07 Charger
2005-07 Dakota
2005-07 Durango
2005-07 Magnum
2006-07 Ram
Jeep: 2005-07 Grand Cherokee

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
Ive got one in my car. You dont need one though. You can get away with a cheaper wiring harness and just run the +12v switched down to the cigarette lighter

Get yourself the bestkits BHA1818 for the wiring harness. These can be found for aroun 8 bucks if you shop around. Run your switched power to the cigarette lighter low in the dash (as our decks turn on via canbus)
-BHA1818
http://bestkits.com/SearchResults.aspx?mk=Dodge&mkid=7&md=Charger&mdid=1152&yrg=2006%20-%202007http://bestkits.com/SearchResults.as...006 - 2007

Thats the cheapest route to go. If you dont feel comfortable doing that tho you can spend dough one of these
Scosche CR03SR
(CR03SRB / DCCR03SRB) 2005-up Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Specialty Harness Interface Plug for CAN Bus Vehicles

or
Metra XSVI-6502 Chrysler Interface
]

Or
Axxess XSVI-6502 CAN Data Turn on Interface

·
Brick killed a guy!
2,734 Posts
go with the proper interface, you'll be happy you did, now if you are going to go custom on the audio an replace everything then do it the other way if you like.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I got the metra xsvi 6522 because i already planned on eventually installing a all in one nav unit. I also bought a cheaper American International CWH642 Stereo Wireing Harness originally which i still have sitting unused because i didnt want to run a wire to my cig lighter. The xsvi 6522 or 6502 both work like a charm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I did purchase the Axxess XSVI-6502 CAN Data Turn on Interface once this is install I can put in my after market touch screen dvd and my alpine amp and subs I am also installing alpine 6x9 and tweeters. I should be good to go correct?

·
Brick killed a guy!
2,734 Posts
as far as i can tell yes

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's alive. One year, 2 months and 8 days later I revived this thread. Hope someone can help.
Looking at the adapter options above, the Scosche CR03SR is said to eliminate the cutting of stock wires to facilitate easy re-install of stock radio later.
I didn't see that listed as a benefit of the Metra XSVI-6502 Chrysler Interface. Are they the exact same thing or is the Scosche better for that reason? I can get the Metra for $35 and the Scosche is twice that much but worth it if it makes the install that much better.
I am putting in a Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT into a 2006 SXT which did not come with Navigation, just the 6 disc with Sirius. It has the 276 Amp and six Boston speakers if that matters.
Also, anyone with that head unit please pipe in and let me know what you think. I've seen quite differing opinions.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts