Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new to the forum.. I was wondering if anyone had an issue with the inner side of the instrument panel glass being dirty? It looks like water spots and I tried cleaning the outside with no luck.. Any ideas on how to take out the glass? I can't find anything on it.. Its on a 20 scat pack, thank you.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Wow, weird for sure. Are you sure the stains are on the inside of it? I'd try a drop of plastic polish to be sure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey all, I'm new to the forum.. I was wondering if anyone had an issue with the inner side of the instrument panel glass being dirty? It looks like water spots and I tried cleaning the outside with no luck.. Any ideas on how to take out the glass? I can't find anything on it.. Its on a 20 scat pack, thank you.
that does sound weird ...esp if you are the original owner...there are tons of youtube vids of guys doing all kinds of I/C parts swaps and most document the removal pretty well...not hard to do yourself

·
906 Posts
That part actually is replaceable by itself, I had a similar issue, seems there was condensation in the panel. I pulled it off and tried to clean it with plastic polish, got most of it off, but I decided I didn't like it and just ordered the plastic screen cover itself.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
There is no reason to have condensation or spots on the inside of the lens. It probably happened during assembly. That will be covered by your 3/36000 bumper to bumper warranty. Just tell them it’s a QC problem and you’d like it fixed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There is no reason to have condensation or spots on the inside of the lens. It probably happened during assembly. That will be covered by your 3/36000 bumper to bumper warranty. Just tell them it’s a QC problem and you’d like it fixed.
agree...as long as there is not some underlying issue, it is a QC problem...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts