Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna pull the resonator today. I was thinking, couldn't I adapt a k&n cone filter to the stock intake tube, Just removing the box? What's the short tube coming off filter box going to motor near oil fill???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's great that I can post a thread, do the mod, and return to see that no one has even chimed in. Lol! Whatever.... I removed the resonator and ordered a k&n cone. Gonna run it with the stock intake tube, for now at least

·
Registered
354 Posts
that hose is used to vent gases in the motor under the valve cover. you either need to replace the hose with a filter or tie that hose into intake tube. most after market CAIs will have a place for that hose to tie into.

make sure you brace that tube and not let the tube and cone filter just rattle around. the main reason to replace the intake tube is to get a smooth unrestricted flow into the throttle body.

another option would be to remove the resonator under the bumper and just put a high flow filter in the factory box till you have the money for a complete set up.

·
12,919 Posts
I like instant gratification too, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. :D

You might be able to get the stock tube to work. Airaid sells a kit that does just that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just being an ass about the timing.... Lol. Anyways thanks for the tips. I thought that a filter there would be the best solution to replace the small tube. I'm gonna use the cone for now since it was the same price as the drop in. I'll fab a bracket to keep it over where the resonator was(inspired by the airaid setup) Then later I'll buy a metal intake tube. Pics and updates to come

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So a breather filter would be sufficient instead of tapping into the intake? I bought one. Wasn't sure if it was good enough

1 - 7 of 7 Posts