Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, please help me a lot of doubts.......

The JegPerformace was said that i just need the Comp Cams 112-501-11 and a tune for my hemi.....
thats is what i did...... but now 500 miles later i have the hemi tick........

So i asked to comp cans about it.... and for my suprise they said that any cam will work with MDS!

Now im lost.....

What to do? :(

help!me

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
From what I have read at Summit Racing, and other sites as well, the Comp 112-501-11 requires a valve spring upgrade.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I have read at Summit Racing, and other sites as well, the Comp 112-501-11 requires a valve spring upgrade.
just that ? so i can keep the can on my oem engine ? i dont have extra rpm so oem sprinsg should do...no need to change the rollers to take of MDS like they said to me ?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
The most important change to go along with the cam is a custom tune. The custom tune will disable MDS . So whether you change the lifters or not MDS will be disabled and the MDS lifters will not be collapsing like they do when MDS is engaged. Since the MDS lifters are now acting as non-MDS lifters, and the MDS lifters have been known to be a weak component when adding a cam and stronger valve springs, it's recommended to replace the lifters. When replacing the MDS lifters with non-MDS lifters you can also replace the MDS solenoids with MDS delete plugs. The plugs will seal the oil passage opening where the MDS solenoids are mounted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
With the springs, Cam lift comes into play as stock springs can cause coil bind. (aka not enough ability to compress)

Second, You can NOT mis match parts if you want it done right. MDS lifters with MDS cam, Non MDS lifters with non MDS cam. Very simple. Each have their own design and work in conjunction with each other. Some combos may "work" but does not mean it is correct or right for optimum performance. If you want performance never entertain the idea of Cheap.

You do not have to use MDS delete plugs unless you want. The default off state of MDS solenoids would be the same as the plugs. Haven't heard any issues from doing either.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With the springs, Cam lift comes into play as stock springs can cause coil bind. (aka not enough ability to compress)

Second, You can NOT mis match parts if you want it done right. MDS lifters with MDS cam, Non MDS lifters with non MDS cam. Very simple. Each have their own design and work in conjunction with each other. Some combos may "work" but does not mean it is correct or right for optimum performance. If you want performance never entertain the idea of Cheap.

You do not have to use MDS delete plugs unless you want. The default off state of MDS solenoids would be the same as the plugs. Haven't heard any issues from doing either.

Thx, will do that, i will unplug the MDS solenoids and i will take off the mds lifters for non msd lifters....my diablo tunner wont work on my outside EUA 5.7.....diferrences in ecu so i will get the yellow light on the dash... thx again

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thx, will do that, i will unplug the MDS solenoids and i will take off the mds lifters for non msd lifters....my diablo tunner wont work on my outside EUA 5.7.....diferrences in ecu so i will get the yellow light on the dash... thx again

Leave them plugged in. I read the PCM will still check the circuit (ohms test of sorts) Mine are left plugged in.

Have you contacted Diablo about it? they may be able to do something for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Leave them plugged in. I read the PCM will still check the circuit (ohms test of sorts) Mine are left plugged in.

Have you contacted Diablo about it? they may be able to do something for you.
Let they pluged in ? the ecu will not try get in the 4 cc mode?

Yea... they just said that dont support :( lost a lot money on that :(

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
If you can't use the DiabloSport to tune the engine you will get the check engine light and code logged if you delete the MDS solenoids and replace the MDS lifters with non-MDS lifters. The way around it is to always drive with the transmission in AutoStick mode and shift manually. The ECU will not engage MDS when the transmission is in AutoStick mode. Some model years will disable MDS when in Sport Mode, Track Mode, etc ... What year is your car?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, that sucks. Any chance you can by a USA PCM and sneak it in the car?

I am trying to find a ecu but diablo guys dont recomend that, says that this evolves a lot more coding then jsut swich ecu, i thinking in just umplug the solenoids and change the 4 lifters that to the MDS, maybe delete the yellow light from the dash ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea i know, like i said i have the hemi tick now, 500 miles after the cam instalation....

Jegs guys fuc*& me saing that MDS works with the cam.

Now i have to opem againt o find the problem that it made, im here to find the best solution....

:( i can just put new lifters with mds, they are coming on the mail.....

later i discovery that the cam wont work with mds , and i cant tune my car, the cam works great with the oem ECU a lot more strong now, dont want to take off the cam, so i thinks in unplug the mds and replace just the mds lifters :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe the cam makes more noise ? higher cam make more tick tick tuck noise? i hear like a beatle air engine....tick tick tick tick tick tick kkkkkkkkk

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I am trying to find a ecu but diablo guys dont recomend that, says that this evolves a lot more coding then jsut swich ecu,
What year is your car? 2015+ MY requires a PCM swap (unlocked PCM) for the DiabloSport tuner to work. Pre-2015 MY only needs the tuner. Diablo tuner has preloaded tunes but none to support a cam swap. You need a custom tune to load onto the Diablo tuner for a cam swap. You can get an email custom tune.

Dodge, Jeep & Chrysler Tuning | Jeep Chip | Dodge Programmer & More | Diablo | SCT

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What year is your car? 2015+ MY requires a PCM swap (unlocked PCM) for the DiabloSport tuner to work. Pre-2015 MY only needs the tuner. Diablo tuner has preloaded tunes but none to support a cam swap. You need a custom tune to load onto the Diablo tuner for a cam swap. You can get an email custom tune.

Dodge, Jeep & Chrysler Tuning | Jeep Chip | Dodge Programmer & More | Diablo | SCT

ok, what you think about the 6.1 springs and rods on 5.7 ? have a good place to get them ? thx you help me a lot!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Technically "rods" in the 5.7L Hemi are piston rods so I think you mean lifters. Some engines do have push rods for the lifters but the modern Hemi has rocker arrms and lifters rather than push rods.
Anyway, there are several suppliers/vendors who specialize in Mopar parts. But in your case you need some technical expertise to go along with the parts. I recommend Modern Muscle Extreme (MMX). Dave Weber at MMX has years of experience building Hemi engines.

MMX Modern Muscle Xtreme

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Technically "rods" in the 5.7L Hemi are piston rods so I think you mean lifters. Some engines do have push rods for the lifters but the modern Hemi has rocker arrms and lifters rather than push rods.
Anyway, there are several suppliers/vendors who specialize in Mopar parts. But in your case you need some technical expertise to go along with the parts. I recommend Modern Muscle Extreme (MMX). Dave Weber at MMX has years of experience building Hemi engines.

MMX Modern Muscle Xtreme
I will email him right now thx brow , I mean push rods

1 - 20 of 22 Posts