Dodge Charger Forum banner

Interior cleaning

6K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  GMAC 
#1 ·
Just wondering how everyone cleans their interior like the door panels dash etc. Ive been detail cleaning my car for spring time and wanted to know how everyone does the inside of their cars.

#2 ·
Oh man, you going to get a lot of different answers on this one. Mine is simple...I use armorall wipes for all the plastic parts in mine to include the door panels. It shines up nice especially on the beige panels that my kids seem to always get dirty.

#3 ·
Oh man, you going to get a lot of different answers on this one.....

That.... haha.

I only use a damp cloth. For especially hard issues, I'll use a teeny-tiny bit of diluted Simple Green, (make sure to color test somewhere first). I have always found this works best for me. I also do not like any product that leaves a shine, or a coating/film appearance. I prefer the 'natural' look of the vinyl/plastic bits, to me it seems "cleaner", if that makes any sense.

#5 ·
Cleaning is one thing adding a finsish is another. I use Griot's Garage Interior cleaning and add no other additives for shining the plastic parts. I sta away from Armor All products since they collect dust and actually dry out rubber, Vinyl and plastic, hence shortening the life of the materials. sure it gives it a shiny gloss finish, but I prefer clean over shiny. In between i use a California Duster to remove dust.

to each his own though

Bruce

#6 ·
Just look at my sig & it answers where I stand on the detailing market. I'm really against Armour All though.

So to answer your question, it's all about personal preference on which brand & what products to use.

Try to narrow it down to anything specific to what you're wanting to achieve when detailing your car & you'll get some pretty cool tricks & tips from the members here. There's a lot of threads on this & a whole section dedicated to auto detailing.

#7 ·
Not to argue on the forum, but gentleman that mentioned armorall (traditional armor all that creates a shine) is actually referred to specifically in the manual a product to NOT USE. I'm with the other guys, the two products I use are Armor all CLEANER, not protectant, and Simple Green. Armor all for lite cleaning (although it does a pretty good job), and Simple green for grease, dark, dirty spots on setas, etc. Simple Green will get anything out. I even use it to clean my engine! Use spray bottle, spray on engine, let sit for couple of minutes, and wash off with regular, not pressurized hose. Gets grease and dirt off great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.