Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was redoing the interior after the flood, I took the opportunity to apply FatMat sound deadening to the floor of the car. I had already done the trunk prior to the flood. My observations after doing the interior are this...

With the exhaust sounding no louder from outside the car, I found that when I'm cruising and not on the gas, the exhaust is not audible inside the cabin at all. This was not the case before. Improvement factor is an A...

When I'm accelerating, I don't notice much of a difference. I can tell that the most of my interior noise is still coming from the rear. For now, I'll have to rate this performance factor a C- until I can double check the rear and hit any spots I might have missed and see if it helps.

Road noise sounds reduced for sure. Not silent, but better. Only thing I hear are pot holes and bumps, but no tire noise. I'd rate this a solid B.

The radio (Sound Group II speakers) definitely sounds more clear and crisp. If for any other reason than this, I'd say it was worth it. Doing the doors would probably put this performance at an A, floors only is definitely a solid B, for sure.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Nice post! I've been thinking about dropping some dynamat in me trunk to help with some of the MDS drone which seems a bit louder with the Predator tunes...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wow, pretty cheap.

I went to my local audio shop looking for some the other day and they were wanting $130 for a "complete trunk kit" of 20 sq ft.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
just ordered 200 square feet of fatMat for my car, doing the floor, doors, roof and trunk in two layers. I have about 20 square feet of Dynamat laying around at work so I should have enough. Mine was around $325 from FatMat's canadian dealer.

thanks for the pictures. I'm very eager to do mine.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
if you stick them to the bottom of your car,they will eventually fall off... Gravity and erosion will be working against the adhesive and make all them all off... it's really not that much work to pull out all the panels and seats.

Once my subs and crossover arrives then i'll be doing mine the same way elcobra did his. You could look for spray on undercoating... but sound deadener would be better.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Wow thats defintly gonna keep alot of the sound out of the interior of the car.. great job!
Yo

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Hi.sound deadening like that is a must for serious stereo car.I did notice the other day where the seatbelt goes threw the back deck that slot is big enough to see into the trunk.this could be an area for noise to get into the inside of the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts