Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having some strange issues lately.

Messages not seen in this video include: no bus, service power steering and more.

Anyone?

·
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the battery about a month and a half ago. I guess it wouldn't hurt to have it checked though.

·
909 Posts
long test on the battery, or short test?> Short test won't catch the deeper batter problems like a bad cell. #2 would probably be checking out all your ground points on the car, looking at the wiring harnesses, placing pressure on the fuse boxes/PCM & harness while the car is on to see if you can replicate the issue.

You can find the repair manual HERE.

·
909 Posts
I had a problem with my PCM when I first got my car. turned out it was a bad wire in the harness that was used for voltage sensing for the alternator, causing voltage spikes that resulted in all sorts of crazy behavior.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a problem with my PCM when I first got my car. turned out it was a bad wire in the harness that was used for voltage sensing for the alternator, causing voltage spikes that resulted in all sorts of crazy behavior.

what kind of crazy behavior? Can you be more specific? Thank you.

·
909 Posts
screen blackouts, random warnings, over 200 stored codes, including codes that did not exist, inability to properly shift...The list goes on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts