Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here
For the past six months Ive been having a very odd issue happening to the front driver side tpms on my 2017 Charger. Every other night or sometimes every night The tpms shows up as blank/ does not detect. Then in the morning as i go to work the sensor seems to fix itself, connects and shows the the psi.

These are the things i have done so far:

•I had it checked by local tire shops with they’re scan tool and the the sensor detects just fine with all of them.
•I replaced the sensor with another oem one.
•I swapped the two front wheel/tires and the problem still stayed on the same side.
•I did install (2 years ago) aftermarket replicas and passed over the oem sensors with Zero issues until this happened.

I did take it to the dealership but they didn’t understand the issue because the sensor at the time was working fine.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
So specifically, when do you notice it, when you shut it down at night? If it works when you drive it........

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had the same issue with the same sensor. IF it were a cold weather issue, the sensor would still give you a LOW reading. But like yours, mine was also blank. Dealership said it was bad, so they replaced it, at my expense. 5 miles away from the dealership, it happened again. Made another appointment, but it fixed itself a couple days later. It's been about 4 weeks and haven't had any issues. Maybe the CPU just needed time to read/adjust to the new sensor? Idk

·
Registered
1 Posts
blank psi
This is happening to me right now. My front driver side reads - - I swapped my OEM sensors to my new rims. Then the the front driver tpms light came on. I bought another OEM sensor & installed it and still reads - - I drove the recommended amount of time for the sensors to be reset. I still don’t know what to do. Hopefully someone can give some insight on what to do.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Great, Im getting new rims put on today...hope this issue doent act up again...fingers crossed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts