Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m interested in adding the factory backup camera and remote start to my SE. i want to know If i could source a used backup camera from a junkyard car could I just buy or get a spare cable that some other members have since their cars were prewired for the camera would that be plug and play so i could save some money on all these upgrades I have planned.

I previously added the RE2 upgrade and am enjoying it I also bought everything for the bluetooth upgrade besides the module since those are about atleast $220 for brand new. But i cant source good quality used modules.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Camera can be added but I believe the dealer has to activate it. No way around that part. IF you use the search button, there are many posts on how to's.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Camera can be added but I believe the dealer has to activate it. No way around that part. IF you use the search button, there are many posts on how to's.
Can you not activate it through a tazer?
I searched for answers before posting but all I saw was people buying complete kits and just saying they took them to stealerships for different activation prices and that the upgrade was worth it.
But i couldnt find budget friendly ways of tackling it only for the 8.4 upgrades which I was able to piece together for under $300 and works flawlessly besides the 22 degrees celsius showing.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I don't know anything about the tazer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a backup camera wiring harness I'll be glad to sell you, PM if you're interested. And yes the camera can be activated with a Tazer or AlfaOBD. Tazer is more expensive, but far easier to use.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for the info Spikemonkey. i want to add a Backup cam to mine and then figure out how to make it activate so i can see all i leave in my rearview.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts