Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just last Friday I picked up my 2019 dodge charger Daytona 392 that I custom ordered. So upon receiving it it had 32 miles on the odometer. Is this excessive for a brand new car?
#2 while playing with the display between the tachometer and speedometer there is a place that records top speed. Well when I found this screen it said it had been 115mph and it was not me that got it up that fast. Is this normal? The dealership told me it was since it was an SRT car

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
It is completely normal to have some miles on the clock, due to transportation to dealership, test drives and the like, usually most dealerships have to technically sell the car as used after a certain amount of accumulative miles have been put on the car (ie: 100, 150 etc..) In your case, it's probably transportation and or factory combination...

As far as the top speed recorder in the evic, yes, that is from the SRT Pages which also gives you the abilities to track your 0-60, 0-100, Braking distance, etc...The recorded "best" or "last" was either from factory or it was during delivery to dealership/or on a test drive....wouldn't worry about it too much, but yeah, you have access to some goodies through the SRT pages as well as in the UConnect!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is completely normal to have some miles on the clock, due to transportation to dealership, test drives and the like, usually most dealerships have to technically sell the car as used after a certain amount of accumulative miles have been put on the car (ie: 100, 150 etc..) In your case, it's probably transportation and or factory combination...

As far as the top speed recorder in the evic, yes, that is from the SRT Pages which also gives you the abilities to track your 0-60, 0-100, Braking distance, etc...The recorded "best" or "last" was either from factory or it was during delivery to dealership/or on a test drive....wouldn't worry about it too much, but yeah, you have access to some goodies through the SRT pages as well as in the UConnect!
But 30 miles and 115mph seems to be excessive for a brand new car

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
But 30 miles and 115mph seems to be excessive for a brand new car
Then it wasn't technically "Brand New" if it had that many miles on it that wasn't accounted for...I know that the VW & GM Dealerships that I have worked for back in the day did as described above, but most times could justify and account for the mileage put on the vehicle. I would contact the dealership or where you ordered your vehicle and discuss this with them and find out what they have to say in regards to the mileage discrepancy

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then it wasn't technically "Brand New" if it had that many miles on it that wasn't accounted for...I know that the VW & GM Dealerships that I have worked for back in the day did as described above, but most times could justify and account for the mileage put on the vehicle. I would contact the dealership or where you ordered your vehicle and discuss this with them and find out what they have to say in regards to the mileage discrepancy
They swear this is a normal practice for them which I think is a bunch of bs and people went for a test drive in it

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
They swear this is a normal practice for them which I think is a bunch of bs and people went for a test drive in it
Yeah...your probably right with that! Unfortunately....

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah...your probably right with that! Unfortunately....
Ok so after talking with other dealerships this is a normal practice since the car came from SRT and the 115mph is more than likely done on a dyno which would also explain the more than normal miles

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yes, 32 miles is excessive for a new ordered car. Why didn’t you pick it up as soon as it was delivered? The factory wouldn’t ship it with that many miles on it. If it was delivered like that, someone needs to talk to the delivery driver? My Hellcat had 19 miles on it when I picked it up. The internet ad I answered said it had 7. Someone drove it but it didn’t matter to me. It was the color combo I wanted and these cars are built to take it. I made a few spirited runs on it myself during the break in period. I don’t think it hurt yours to take it up to 115 but I would definitely let the general manager at your dealership know about your concerns.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, 32 miles is excessive for a new ordered car. Why didn’t you pick it up as soon as it was delivered? The factory wouldn’t ship it with that many miles on it. If it was delivered like that, someone needs to talk to the delivery driver? My Hellcat had 19 miles on it when I picked it up. The internet ad I answered said it had 7. Someone drove it but it didn’t matter to me. It was the color combo I wanted and these cars are built to take it. I made a few spirited runs on it myself during the break in period. I don’t think it hurt yours to take it up to 115 but I would definitely let the general manager at your dealership know about your concerns.
I did pick it up the day it was delivered or so I am led to believe

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
It probably arrived a day or so before...possibly..don't know, wasn't there...sorry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your definitely are being to excessive. With a due respect. The car couldn’t of been driven from they’re compound or the lot kid went to gas it up for delivery and wants to see what it can do. At the end of the day it is a 392 who wouldn’t smash the gas a bit. What matters is that the car is fine. It’s honestly nothing out the ordinary. Now 200mph then u can be excessive all you want. That’s just my opinion also I work for a dodge dealership and many others over the year I’ve seen it time to time. Could also have been during pdi.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My car had 42 km on it when delivered. In your case, I am thinking they just took the long way on the test drive and another "detour" going to gas it up prior to delivery.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts