Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible for say someone with a 5.7 to leave the stock size rear brakes. and put on say SRT8 Brembos on the front?

Just curious as the problem with alot of Drag tire options for SRT8's seem to be because of the Brembo's on the rears. But if they put smaller rotors on the back they could have more options.

At the same time why couldn't I upgrade my front brakes to something bigger and at the same time upgrade the rear brake calipers to a better brand but keep the same size in the back? Could this be done properly and safely with it working normally?

Why shouldn't more do this?

Or am i completely off base.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
in theory it sounds logical, not sure if it is possible, hope it is though this would help in the drag racing world....but technically,, if it is a drag car they would already go performance everything though :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I don't see why it would not work. I would wait for jontoad to chime in though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is it possible for say someone with a 5.7 to leave the stock size rear brakes. and put on say SRT8 Brembos on the front?

Just curious as the problem with alot of Drag tire options for SRT8's seem to be because of the Brembo's on the rears. But if they put smaller rotors on the back they could have more options.

At the same time why couldn't I upgrade my front brakes to something bigger and at the same time upgrade the rear brake calipers to a better brand but keep the same size in the back? Could this be done properly and safely with it working normally?

Why shouldn't more do this?

Or am i completely off base.
What issue's are you speaking of ? just curious

Bill

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the ability to put smaller rims on the back for drag radials is limited because of how big the brembos are at the back wheel. If you put smaller rotors and calipers on back you could fit a better rim and radial on back. I was wondering if anyone has done this, and if it would be a good idea for someone who drives regularly and also hits up the drags. I mean why couldn't someone have say a 15" brake up front and a 13" brake in back so to speak. and still be able to drive it normally?

What issue's are you speaking of ? just curious

Bill

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I would guess (and this is only a guess) that brake balance could be thrown off by putting the larger brakes only on the front. It might mess up your ABS if you ever have to make a panic stop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts