Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess I'm not that special after all, After hearing about guys having the park lock out break early on in there charger life I thought I had escaped the issue. LOL nope it broke Wednesday night and left my wife stranded at the high school, looked up the pink thing on the Z search and there is an awesome vid on how to replace it so I sent it emailed it to my son to get her home the next morning. Ordered the BT part so I hope to see it today.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
The fear of the thing breaking at night and leaving my wife stranded somewhere remote was exactly what motivated me to change mine. Glad it turned out to only be an inconvenience and everyone is safe.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
heard even Pepboys carries this part now...that its so common to break...
Yep. I picked mine up at a local place. Was in buying some wax and decided to take a chance and see if they could find a part # or order one. Without even looking it up, the girl knew exactly what I was looking for and had one in stock. If that doesnt say common failure, I don't know what does.

·
Staffing since 2008
20,667 Posts
THat sucks brother. Be sure to post your mileage in our Pink Lockout mechanism thread

·
Registered
733 Posts
heard even Pepboys carries this part now...that its so common to break...
Can you give us the Pep Boys part number?

I need to do this too cuz my wife drives the car 70% of the time.

·
Registered
20,981 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Dan....Mind hasn't done it yet, Knock on wood!!
Hope I haven't jinks myself now:str:

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Dodge should issue these things out for free...

·
Getting back in the game!
37,448 Posts
I guess your time was up, Dan!

·
Registered
14,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dodge should issue these things out for free...
You know that they know about it, but they tell you the whole shifter needs to be replace because they don't have just the part that breaks. You would think that Dodge would have a upgraded part to sell to replace it.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Sorry your number finally came up...sadly I think everbosy's does at some point.

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
I guess I should quit procrastinating and just do it.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Sorry to hear it finally got you... Guys, you all need to replace those things just to be on the safe side..

·
Registered
314 Posts
Luckily when it happened to my wife I knew exactly what it was, and how to get it unstuck within a few minutes.(thanks to the forums) Keep a phillips head screwdriver in you car in case it happens to you so you can get the piece in front of the shifter loose to access the lock out piece. Orded mine from Rock Auto for like $25.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I just ordered the BT part, so it'll be no worries for me after I get that in.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts