·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I'll be HAPPY to take a TT 6!
The TT6 is coming out in 2023 and the Dodge spokesperson confirmed the next-generation platform will not only lose the Hemi V8, but all internal-combustion engines. "The Hemi in that platform, as well as that platform, are going away. The next generation will be BEV." The production model is currently slated to arrive in 2024.
I don't care what the spokeperson said, Dodge is not going to come out in 2023 with the TT6 and then go all BEV in 2024. I believe Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis when he says the new electric platform could coexist with the current one for a little while.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The new platform is scheduled for 2024. The end of the Hellcats is in 2023. The Hurricane is scheduled to debut in 2024. That is all that Dodge has confirmed. Everything else is hearsay or rumors.

Tim is going to announce the current and future plans for Dodge August 17-19th. Three days of Official News.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Stelantis is one of the only makers speaking out against ev mandates. We've heard two different things now so I'm not believing anything till it comes from Dodge directly and we get the full story.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Think about it, how much has been said about Stellantis' efforts in the EV arena? Not much. I would be very surprised if on Jan 1 2024 everything in the line up is all EV. It takes longer than a year or two to get all the engineering and other details ironed out on this kind of changeover. TTAC put this info out also so it is legit. I just think no one is considering the logistics of the situation. Unless they are cool with having next to nothing to put on the dealer's lots, it's more likely going to be phased in. Yes, I do get they could end production on ICE and let what's on the lots sell with things being replaced with BEV. It's just not going to be an 'all at once' deal from the consumer side of things. Been wrong before, might be wrong now. No worries. If already own what will likely be my last car - 2013 Charger.

·
Registered
2013 SXT AWD
51 Posts
Either way, it certainly sounds like grabbing one of the last of the Hellcats, or any V-8 for that matter, would be a great financial investment. (Not to mention all the fun you'd be having while watching the car appreciate in value! ;-) )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts