Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plan on getting the headers what should I change after that moving towards the back of the vehicle, anyone running them with with a good cat back that works for them? New to modding plan on starting with airflow then work from there.

Also any good reviews on the JBA long tube?

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
A custom tune is recommended for the long tubes. Long tubes increase the scavenging of air/gasses through the cylinders and the AFR (air-fuel ratio) will run lean without a tune to change the Speed Density Tables (SDT). PCM reads the O2 sensors to adjust fuel trim in closed-loop mode but the PCM uses preset values in the SDT when in open-loop (WOT) mode.
Even with shorty headers a custom tune will help smooth out driveability.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I put the JBA long tubes on my 2011 5.7 with no cats and the Mopar cat back exhaust. It is perfect for me. I had Magnaflow mufflers before that and it sounded ok but the much talked about drone was horrible so I got rid of those and went with the Mopar exhaust which is a Corsa Sport system with Mopar's logo on it. The car is drive-able but gets pretty loud when you step on it. I bet it would be much quieter with cats on it but I chose to go without. No cats kinda suck too because the exhaust fumes are quite obnoxious at times. But will deal with that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts