Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend of mine who is looking on putting a 5.7l hemi into his jeep (rubicon). He hasnt started yet but is looking DEEP into it. He asked me if i would ask around on the forum if anyone or know anyone who has done it. If so PM me cause he has some Q's.

I have never seen one but the thought is very cool. thx guys/girls

·
Registered
12,833 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^ cool thanks man, ill give my buddy the link:TU:

·
Registered
649 Posts
you know its not too complex, but to make it easier there is a company out there called AEV(american expedition vehicles) that sells a kit to make the hemi install pretty painless.... now FYI there is a reason why the Hemi isnt installed in the wranglers right now.... theyre not very safe in a frontal collision.

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
I didn't know that? So why is it o.k. to install a Chevy LS in a Jeep and not a Hemi? You really need to come help us out on the JeepforumZ we need more members lol

Thanks for letting me know about the Hemi though I'm really curious about this. As I was thinking about throwing my 5.7 in the Jeep.

FYI there is a reason why the Hemi isnt installed in the wranglers right now.... theyre not very safe in a frontal collision.

·
Registered
649 Posts
any big block is not a great idea to put in a JK for daily drivers , the older TJ's have a better track record.... if youre really wanting to put something more powerful in a wrangler or off road jeep you need to look at diesel motors, people were praying that the diesel they put in the liberties would make its way into the JK.... but they pulled the plug on the motor at least in the states.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you know its not too complex, but to make it easier there is a company out there called AEV(american expedition vehicles) that sells a kit to make the hemi install pretty painless.... now FYI there is a reason why the Hemi isnt installed in the wranglers right now.... theyre not very safe in a frontal collision.

I dont think hes worried about front end collision. Unless he hits a rock or tree but at around 5-10miles an hr i dont think it will do much:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts