Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, I definitely don't want to come across as a complete jerk, and if I'm wrong or off base, please feel free to set me straight..or speak your peace on this. I didn't know where to post this, I'm just so frustrated. Anyways, so I purchased my Tazer about 1 year ago and since jump street it has given me some issues..like not connecting properly to computers (any,) or issues with not connecting properly to my OBD port or sometimes randomly not functioning when plugged into OBD. So I push it off and deal with it as for the most part, it works great! I was able to get the 2.4.3 update pushed onto it (though it took 3 attempts) and has been functioning fine.

So about a week and a half ago I go to update to the latest beta version (2.4.4) and....notta! Tried 5 different computers (3 pcs and 2 macs) and still the Tazer is not recognized at all..period! Tried every trick that I could think of as I've been cracking and rooting computers, phones, electronics for years and still nothing, can't get the thing to be recognized in any com port. So I email ZAuto's tech support and a week and a half goes by with NO response, so I naturally texted Joe, and got a response a day later.
Proceed to explain the situation, and he comes back with every time "connect, then quickly disconnect and it should recognize" and when I fire back with that fact that I'm not a noob and I've tried that, he proceeds to tell me that it would be $50+ dollars not incl shipping to send it to some guy I've never heard of for him to repair it. I of course asked him if it would be possible for them to send me out a different one, and I would gladly send this defective one back (explaining the troubles I've encountered since day 1 and to which he snaps back at me saying it's my fault for not telling them what was going on, which I take the responsibility for not doing) and they can figure out what was going on with it, as I believe it to be a faulty USB port (as 1 of the issues). He quickly declines that and again re-iterates the cost for the repair and stated that I should've gotten the extended warranty. I explain to him that it didn't give me that option at checkout, and I explain the fact of standing behind their product and their loyal customers and wanted to know why he wouldn't stand behind their product and the fact that this is clearly a defective item that shouldn't have given the issues it has, he proceeds to throw out there about "If I were to do that, it would be a disservice to those who purchased the extended warranty, and I would have to do that for everyone" and "I've got to look out for my cost" which I completely understand, but really, connection and weird issues from the start, and I now can't upgrade the firmware at all, anymore 1 yr in, and he want's more $$ out of me! I just don't feel right about the whole thing and I'm sorry if I'm going on with this tirade, I've just been in sales and Management for most of my life, and have run a successful business for well over 15 years..and NOT once did I think to not stand behind anything that I sold or made nor did for someone!

I'm just wondering why, after the thousands, and thousands of dollars made off of fans like us, would he not provide superior customer support and service? I know most have had pleasant experiences with them, and I know the hard work that they and @dubb45 has put into developing this awesome product for us, but IMO, that really stinks that you would treat a customer as nothing more than a $, instead of having the integrity to say, "yeah, that is faulty and we're gonna make it right and get you takin care of!"

Guess the bottom $ is more important to some than anything else....

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have had problems with mine since I bought it. Not wanting to connect in the OBD2 port or stay connected.
I could get it to do the light shows and switch to track mode and all that. But connection was hit or miss so it sits in the tv stand.

I contacted Joe shortly after and explained my issue and he said to send it back. I never did though so that is on me. I was actually thinking the newly released version I was using for 2017s was just buggy...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had problems with mine since I bought it. Not wanting to connect in the OBD2 port or stay connected.
I could get it to do the light shows and switch to track mode and all that. But connection was hit or miss so it sits in the tv stand.

I contacted Joe shortly after and explained my issue and he said to send it back. I never did though so that is on me. I was actually thinking the newly released version I was using for 2017s was just buggy...
Good thing you didn't, he would've charged you I'm sure! When I asked him point blank if he would have replaced mine if I had contacted him at first issue, he dodged the question and wouldn't answer...and I repeatedly asked! That really sucks that yours just sits there, a $250 paperweight, and that you had a faulty one as well!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ill be honest I just made this account because I seen your post and I stand by Z Auto. I read your entire post and I have to point out a few things because I think you're being a little self entitled and overreacting.

You said that you purchased it a year ago and pushed off any issues you were having. But I looked on the website and the limited warranty is 3 months.

That means that you're atleast 9 months out of warranty and you're on here bashing the owner and his company because he offered to repair it for $50.

Doesn't seem right to me, do you buy a microwave and blast the designer of the microwave because it stopped popping your popcorn 9 months out of warranty? If you're a true fan respect the fact that he responded to you by text and gave you a resolution, you can't get that anywhere else. Its a good company.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill be honest I just made this account because I seen your post and I stand by Z Auto. I read your entire post and I have to point out a few things because I think you're being a little self entitled and overreacting.

You said that you purchased it a year ago and pushed off any issues you were having. But I looked on the website and the limited warranty is 3 months.

That means that you're atleast 9 months out of warranty and you're on here bashing the owner and his company because he offered to repair it for $50.

Doesn't seem right to me, do you buy a microwave and blast the designer of the microwave because it stopped popping your popcorn 9 months out of warranty? If you're a true fan respect the fact that he responded to you by text and gave you a resolution, you can't get that anywhere else. Its a good company.
Wow, duly noted there son! At the fact that the only reason a flammer or troll such as yourself would join this wonderful forum to bash my post, tells alot about you! YOU son, have not contributed ANYTHING to this place, nor probably in life at all!
1st off, I've been building and racing cars since you were suckling on your mamas sweet teat, and have dealt plenty with business owners/companies such as Joe and ZAutomotive..and though you'd like to pretend in your little play world that you know what you are talking about, but obviously you are not privy to the whole convo that Joe and I had...so you can take you're unwarranted opinions and kick rocks...though it some retrospects, I can see you're view on this...

...the fact of the matter was, Joe HIMSELF stated that this was a very strange occurrence and swore that it never happens, and instead of taking the high road, and looking out for the 1 strange occurrence and customer whom purchased his product, he decides to pitch his 3rd party repair cost..IMO, bad business...and apparently mine is not an isolated incident (and your ass would have known that had you ventured more on this forum!) Hell son, you probably work for Joe or ZAutomotive....

This thread was intended to have MY experience and or venting of said situation, so next time, how about you just have a seat, crack open a beer, and stay a bit before bashing someone whom has contributed to this great forum of ours!

Then again, trolls like you only THINK you know....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Perhaps I’ll get kicked off the forum for this, as I’m not a vendor any more, but it’s a bit unfair that I have no say.
Your unit is 15 months old. On a 3 month warranty. First time you contacted me about a problem was 15 months in, claiming you had a problem from day 1. I spent some time trying to get your unit to reconnect to your computer. It’s either a broken USB connector or the USB cable itself.
I asked you to contact us via email, so my tech support guy Ian can handle the incoming return, and process the repair/replace as needed. It’s not a 3rd party so I don’t know where you got that from. He’s physically in z Auto headquarters, along with several others. The nominal $50 fee which includes the Fedex 2day return shipping is barely enough to cover associated costs... not sure what kind of business you run, but this is not an uncommon model of good support and fair prices for services rendered. You obviously don’t like this and threatened to take it to social media. Ok, so you did, that’s fine. Care to share the real details? Should I post our entire text conversation so others can decide who was being fair and who’s unreasonable?
Anyway, I think a bit foolish to throw away a $250 device over a $50 repair, but to each his own.
-Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now, I definitely don't want to come across as a complete jerk, and if I'm wrong or off base, please feel free to set me straight..or speak your peace on this.
Meanwhile ...

This thread was intended to have MY experience and or venting of said situation, so next time, how about you just have a seat, crack open a beer, and stay a bit before bashing someone whom has contributed to this great forum of ours!

Then again, trolls like you only THINK you know....
You sound unhinged and unrealistic. I can't imagine you have a lot of friends. You've been building cars for decades but still need a $200 device to lock your front brakes electronically to do a burnout, 25 years and you couldnt figure that out on your own?

Nice flex. I'm just saying you're condeming one of the best companies this community has to offer on the notion that you believe you deserve better than others. The owner posted by the way, lets see the real conversation.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perhaps I’ll get kicked off the forum for this, as I’m not a vendor any more, but it’s a bit unfair that I have no say.
Your unit is 15 months old. On a 3 month warranty. First time you contacted me about a problem was 15 months in, claiming you had a problem from day 1. I spent some time trying to get your unit to reconnect to your computer. It’s either a broken USB connector or the USB cable itself.
I asked you to contact us via email, so my tech support guy Ian can handle the incoming return, and process the repair/replace as needed. It’s not a 3rd party so I don’t know where you got that from. He’s physically in z Auto headquarters, along with several others. The nominal $50 fee which includes the Fedex 2day return shipping is barely enough to cover associated costs... not sure what kind of business you run, but this is not an uncommon model of good support and fair prices for services rendered. You obviously don’t like this and threatened to take it to social media. Ok, so you did, that’s fine. Care to share the real details? Should I post our entire text conversation so others can decide who was being fair and who’s unreasonable?
Anyway, I think a bit foolish to throw away a $250 device over a $50 repair, but to each his own.
-Joe
Go ahead and post it if you'd like! I can post it as well, still doesn't explain you coming on a forum that I'm a member of and obviously your not to blast my freedom of speech rights to inform those on this forum of the practices you do! I'm not on here pretending to be someone I'm not, and again, YOU failed to back you're own product, and it's evident in those on here whom have had similar bad experiences as I have! Beyond the issues that I ran into, the Tazer is great, just don't appreciate you're business practices and how you choose to deal with you're clientele! There are plenty of business owners of performance products that DO stand behind their products and would be more than willing to satisfy their customers as they know that it means return on investment, and as well as referall business....are you seriously not familiar with the 10-3 retail rule!??

It's obvious to me that all you care about is defending you're name and business and whatever $ you can get from people rather than owning up to selling me a faulty product and NOT "making things right by you're customers"!

I'm done with feeding into this, and have already moved on with my life and have wrote this off as another live and learn, life situation that I have learned from. YOU can kick rocks with your $50 charges!

·
Registered
3 Posts
For the record, I’ve been a member of this forum since the first month it was created, as an honorary vendor.

You can feel how you want about company policies, I’m sure when your car has 90k on the clock and drops a valve seat, you’ll lambast FCA just the same to stand behind their product. And they’ll kindly state that had you purchased the extended warranty...

And yes, a waste of mutual time here, way more than the $50 worth lol. Have a great night!

·
Registered
258 Posts
MadMaxx, Nucleon's opinion didn't seem like a flame to me, but your response did. You asked for opinions, he gave his, and you flame him. It's out of character for you, as I have seen plenty of your other posts.
I'm with Nucleon on this. A 90-day warranty is a 90-day warranty. Z's response seems reasonable.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MadMaxx, Nucleon's opinion didn't seem like a flame to me, but your response did. You asked for opinions, he gave his, and you flame him. It's out of character for you, as I have seen plenty of your other posts.
I'm with Nucleon on this. A 90-day warranty is a 90-day warranty. Z's response seems reasonable.
I totally see you're point, and have validity...again, I was intending on my fellow members on here, like yourself to voice up...and yes, didn't expect Joe from ZAuto to shadily create an account on here, and pretend to be someone else just to bash what I was saying!

After looking at it from various points, like I said, I just chalk it up to a live and learn situation...and I do take ownership of the mistakes I made in this situation, like not notifying them upon first issues...

Guess I'm just from a different time and have old school values...and appreciate companies out there that actually stand by what they make for others, like it used to be...companies like Diablosport that are notorious for having outstanding customer support by even overnight shipping (at no cost at all to the customer) a replacement tuner and again (at no cost to the customer) on the rare occurrences that their unit was defective or causing weird issues!! See this vid by this guy:

I've dealt with a lot of companies over the years, and have run across this situation a time or two, but $250 for this item, I would hope that it would function as it should and on any RARE occurrence of a faulty unit being sold, the maker would "make things right" by their customer...

...again, I may be wrong with all of this and having the opinions and values that I do!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I hear you. Hey, I have one idea; My wife has a Garmin and when I tried to update it I couldn't connect to it. Turns out it didn't like the mini-usb cable that I was trying to use. I went back to the 12" cable that came with the unit and it worked. This blew me away, as I have never had this issue with any other device. And, like you, I am pretty savvy. I have been building computers since 1994, built my own house, fixed untold electrical/electronics devices, and have never paid for a brake job. This was new to me. You have most likely already done this but I figured it was worth a shot!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hear you. Hey, I have one idea; My wife has a Garmin and when I tried to update it I couldn't connect to it. Turns out it didn't like the mini-usb cable that I was trying to use. I went back to the 12" cable that came with the unit and it worked. This blew me away, as I have never had this issue with any other device. And, like you, I am pretty savvy. I have been building computers since 1994, built my own house, fixed untold electrical/electronics devices, and have never paid for a brake job. This was new to me. You have most likely already done this but I figured it was worth a shot!
You are so right my friend, I've had that instance as well...blows my mind that such a complex issue could come down to a simple cable! I could've swore that I'm using the cable that came with it, seeing as I only have 3 mini usb's hanging around, and 1 came with my Diablosport, tried the 2 (the one I swore came with it) and the Diablosport one, the other don't think it's it, but I'll try them again and see...

I have heard enough negative things about the Tazer to assure that I will never waste my money on one.
Yes, there are negatives with the Tazer, and I have never stated that it was a complete waste of money or that it was the best thing since Jagermeister teamed with Slayer, but for what it is and what it can do for you're car...It's pretty phenomenal..IMO! The functions and features are really awesome, but poorly constructed, not to mention the customer support, IMO is very lacking and unprofessional...and I will ALWAYS think that it's simply not worth the high $250+ price tag attached!!

Now if it were around $100, that would make more sense and balance out better! Again, just my broke ass half .01!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts