Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Friend and I were talking about an idea I have and would love to do.
I want to get a 2006 R/T DAYTONA and swap in suspension, interior,engine, dif, brakes, trans ect out of a 2019 or so Charger Daytona 392.
1 thing I was curious if a dash swap would be hard. I know that's depending upon several things and I live by the motto just having all the right tools when you need them can make any job easier. But I thought a dash swap would be doable as long as you had all the wiring and stuff.

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,530 Posts
The electronics , computers etc will be a lot of work, anything is possible with enough time and money.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just seen a guy do a hellcat swap in a Dakota so I'd think it would be fairly feasible.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Would have to be a 2006-2009. No Chargers in 2005.

Dash swap would be nearly impossible. The canbus systems are just too different.

The rest is really impractical, but
doable if you throw enough money at it...say, $30-50k.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I seen a totaled Daytona 392 go for around 10k and I'd buy the car gut it and swap everything to the 2006.
I ment an 06

·
Registered
806 Posts
The door panels won't swap. That's a lot of money to a custom upholstery shop.

If you're a skilled fabricator, you can probably get the ZF 8HP bolted up. The 6.4 shouldn't be too much trouble, mechanically. But the electronics...getting the powertrain to run and talk to the rest of the car's modules... that's going to be a lot of time and money to a shop that specializes in Hemi swaps. The suspension, brakes, spindles and so on will be expensive and time-consuming, but you can probably do it yourself.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is currently a dream build I'd love to do. One day...
I see all these hellcat swaps and what not and I absolutely love my 2019 Daytona 392 and the first 2006 Daytona is what made me like dodge. So I'd love to combine the 2 in a dream build. Buy a totaled 392 Daytona and swap everything over to the 06 R/T DAYTONA

·
Registered
1,660 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
If you strip EVERYTHING out and swap in everything from the donor it is very doable and has been done. Guy on YouTube did it with an 08 Magnum and a Scat Pack Challenger (enjoy:
with a Charger it'd be a little easier since the system is used to four doors. As mentioned, the newer door panels will most likely not fit correctly but the basic platform has changed very little over the course of 16yrs.

This is currently a dream build I'd love to do. One day...
I see all these hellcat swaps and what not and I absolutely love my 2019 Daytona 392 and the first 2006 Daytona is what made me like dodge. So I'd love to combine the 2 in a dream build. Buy a totaled 392 Daytona and swap everything over to the 06 R/T DAYTONA
Do you want the fancy interior stuff as well or are you just going for the go-fast parts? If you just want the fun parts, find an 09-10 Daytona. The onboard elex will run a VVT engine so you can drop a 392 in (early one) and it will run it, just not the SRV (so rpm switch). Swap brakes, suspension & rear and you're pretty much there, just a matter whether you can live with a 5sp or want an 8sp. ZF is fairly easily added for relatively not too much more. Would probably end up cheaper than the whole totaled Scat. If you want the inside goodies too, then you yeah you need the whole car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts