Dodge Charger Forum banner

Just taking a moment to appreciate the charger

776 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  djalbin 
#1 ·
As I'm in the uk a charger is just not seen very often
Having the srt8 392 I guess it's ever rarer but I'm amazed at how refined these cars can feel I did a few hours on the motorway and it was so quiet just cruising along at 75 not to mention comfortable
Then on some nice quiet roads we tested out the launch control and holy sh*t you get a feel for just how much power these things have
Even on 275 40 is spun the back end up with no effort but hooked pretty quickly

Sadly though I'm still looking at prochargers 🤣
It's seems like a good idea along with a cam and some drop in pistons but is it really worth it ?
I have found that despite having enough power to leave most cars here in the rear view the charger really doesn't appreciate our twisty roads very much ,more so the bumpy off camber corners
Is there anything out there that makes a big difference for handling ?
I know strut braces will firm the body up a bit but any upgrades rear braces or arbs ?

#4 ·
Agree with NJMOPAR. Improve the handling as you have all the power for those roads. I did some training at RAF Mildenhall back in the 90's and those roads were more twisty than the ones we have here in Tennessee close to the Smokies! Beautiful country though!

Reactions: NJMOPAR
#6 ·
I have a 2020 Scat Pack 275/40R20 with the light weight Spider wheels. I changed my tires to Continental DSW06 Plus and they are much better than the stock tires where.

On back roads , they grab much better, I feel safer into turns and can lay down a bit more power before they break loose. This engine has way to much low end power and over powers even my Drag Radials at the track. I purchased a set of Nexen 275/40R20 Drag Radials , the exact same model as what is used on the 1320 Challengers. With the way the suspension is designed and the lack of weight transfer, they don't hook as I would have hoped.

The advise given above to modify the suspension is absolutely the way to go. Depending on your needs will determine how you have it designed. I plan on 1/4 mile racing at the track and will be giving up some of the handling of the car in order to go faster , straighter. I however have no plans on modifying the engine until I do everything else around it. I think this engine has plenty of power, the car just needs to be fine tuned to work better with it's abilities.

#7 ·
They do put out so much torque and really quickly
It's definitely better going to the wider Michelins
It's just getting that extra bit around the corners and putting some power down as you mentioned

I've started looking at different sway bar kits and polybushes , I'd rather keep the stock suspension as I like being able to firm it up on the button so that may end up as the compromise

It's frustrating to be able to out accelerate the porsche possie but not follow them round the bends 🤣

#8 ·
Reactions: RamAirV1
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.