Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cone type K N air filter on my RT. Was this stock? It does not have a heat shield around it. Is this correct? An a heat shield be added?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
To my knowledge, no RT comes with a CAI (Cold Air Intake). This is clearly an aftermarket addition. You should get slightly better results if there was a heat shield around the filter, since that would result in cooler air being drawn in. Some CAI kits come with a heat shield. From what I've read, a CAI does very little to increase performance. It primarily increases the intake noise under hard acceleration, giving a more throaty sound.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To my knowledge, no RT comes with a CAI (Cold Air Intake). This is clearly an aftermarket addition. You should get slightly better results if there was a heat shield around the filter, since that would result in cooler air being drawn in. Some CAI kits come with a heat shield. From what I've read, a CAI does very little to increase performance. It primarily increases the intake noise under hard acceleration, giving a more throaty sound.
Thank you, I don’t see any provision for a heat shield.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a aluminum shield for a reasonable price. The K N things are quite expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts