Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 2017 392 engine intake is the same as the 2018? I'm basically looking to put a CAI on my 2018 but K&N said they haven't tested it yet on the 2018 so they are not sure it will fit. Any info would be great

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don't know specifically about the K&N CAI, but pretty much anything else that I've ordered for a 17 worked fine on my 18.

Personally I would look into a different CAI, as the heat shields on the K&Ns are not all that great. I had one on an '05 Magnum with the 5.7, and had a serious pinging issues due to the engine bay air entering into the intake. I never had a similar issue with different brands (AEM is what I mostly used).

good luck

Exco

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Exco.

I decided to go with then K&N Typhoon after all once they updated the website for the 2018 models. Put it in a few minutes ago and took it for a test run. The computer showed 497hp on the first run and 504hp on the second at wot. Not sure how accurate the performance pages are but I am pleased with the outcome for now. I will have to do some 1/4 mile and 0-60 runs to see if the times drop any.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts