Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinions/feedback on which one to go with. Was looking at the K&N cold air intake but not sure if it’s worth the $280. Willing to try the drop in filter first to see how that improves mpg, airflow, throttle response.

C6452894-14A5-4B05-A745-FD2A281A8401.png
65161A89-13E2-4A56-8F44-D9F01CEFC153.png

·
Registered
781 Posts
Looking for opinions/feedback on which one to go with. Was looking at the K&N cold air intake but not sure if it’s worth the $280. Willing to try the drop in filter first to see how that improves mpg, airflow, throttle response.

View attachment 90278 View attachment 90280
I threw away my K&N filters last year and changed everything over to the AEM dry drop-in filters. I just cleaned the AEM's yesterday. Since I don't drive on dirt roads, I was able to blow mine clean with the air hose and re-install. I'm very happy with them. FYI, K&N and AEM are the same company!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Don't waste your money on an intake. After market intakes do very little if anything to our cars, mainly due to heat soak. Just get a drop in and call it a day. I went with an AFE pro dry. But AEM is relatively the same thing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your feedback. I was considering the CAI to give the engine bay a different look from stock and also for the sound. But not worth the money, not right now that is. Maybe down the line. For now I’ll go with the AEM drop in. Somewhat cheaper in price than the K&N.

My Charger is about to make hit 12k. Should I be replacing the original filter soon? Looking at the maintenance chart it shows 20k miles but I think that’s a bit much. On previous cars I’ve had I’ve always done it at 12k miles/12 months.

·
Registered
424 Posts
You're probably ok unless you drive in dusty conditions. You can always pull it out and inspect it. Mine is not bad at all after 20k miles, but all I do is drive interstate and highway.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're probably ok unless you drive in dusty conditions. You can always pull it out and inspect it. Mine is not bad at all after 20k miles, but all I do is drive interstate and highway.
Most of my driving is city driving and some occasional highway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts