Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my key FOB stopped working. Won't unlock my trunk or any of my doors. My car will still start. I've changed the battery and still nothing. Was wandering if I need to reprogram or is there a fuse I need to look for. I have the combo key FOB.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
What year is the car?

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
A while ago, my car reported that the key fob battery was low. I had a bunch of no-name CR2032 batteries that I had bought from Amazon. They all measured over 3V, but I tried several and none of them would work in the key fob. I couldn't lock/unlock the car from the fob. I went to my local dealer and purchased a Panasonic CR2032 battery (same as what was originally in fob), and that worked fine. I know it sounds weird, but it appears that our key fobs are sensitive to battery brand. If the new battery wasn't a Panasonic, I would suggest that you try a Panasonic battery and see if that makes it work again.

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
2,062 Posts
A while ago, my car reported that the key fob battery was low. I had a bunch of no-name CR2032 batteries that I had bought from Amazon. They all measured over 3V, but I tried several and none of them would work in the key fob. I couldn't lock/unlock the car from the fob. I went to my local dealer and purchased a Panasonic CR2032 battery (same as what was originally in fob), and that worked fine. I know it sounds weird, but it appears that our key fobs are sensitive to battery brand. If the new battery wasn't a Panasonic, I would suggest that you try a Panasonic battery and see if that makes it work again.
LOL, I've got a Howard Miller clock that will only run on Duracells........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys update. I found two keys that are for my car on eBay for a steal. Had them programmed from my car guy. Problem solved

·
Registered
5 Posts
Curious if anyone knows a diagnosis/fix for this issue? I have an 07’ 3.5 SE, and both key fobs recently took the L. I can’t unlock, lock, trunk unlock the car until I manually open the driver door ( which sets off security alarm ) . After the door is open I can hit unlock on the fob to quiet the alarm and use all the fob buttons like normal. The fob still starts the car, but the RKE fuse pull and negative terminal battery pull didn’t fix my issue. Anyone with suggestions or a fix would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
595 Posts
The most common problem with this particular type of fob is the the battery contacts weaken and fail.

There isn't much you can do about it. Luckily, aftermarket replacements are dirt cheap. I just picked up a set of two on that big auction site for $25.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The most common problem with this particular type of fob is the the battery contacts weaken and fail.

There isn't much you can do about it. Luckily, aftermarket replacements are dirt cheap. I just picked up a set of two on that big auction site for $25.
Unfortunately it’s not the contacts for either my main or spare fob. If I open the door to the vehicle the fobs work for about a minute or so and then magically stop working. Which leads me to believe I’m having a RF receiver issue. The fob worked great until the battery died, I replaced both fobs batteries because they come in a 2pk already so might as well. And as soon as I got done the second fob, tried one & then the other one to which neither fob from outside the car would unlock/lock, trunk unlock, panic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts