Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed the driver's side hinge, it's nice and all, but I don't really take the time to lift the doors up. It takes quite a bit of force to let them down. I'm thinking about selling them already.

Plz...Don't post that "lambo's don't even have lambo doors" picture.

·
Registered
707 Posts
When I first opened and closed my doors I felt that they were real heavy. After a bit I since learned how to gain leverage with them and use the inside arm rest to close them, its gotten easier and a little worn in where the gas shock isnt so firm.

Sometimes the "look" of a mod has to sacrifice some functionality.

But your car does look KILLER :)

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
That looks badazz bro!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Just takes some time to get used to, I found a sweet spot to where mine lift and let down easily. Its a show mod though and its part of the territory. But its your ride so you need to be happy with it.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
What else have you done to her? That is a pretty major exterior MOD.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Nice, I love the look and the thought of the vertical lambo doors. So, lemme ask, how hard is the installation? About how long did it take per door? When I get my Charger, I would love to get some lambo doors. I've always wanted to put them on a ride, just haven't had the right ride to do it to. haha

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The only thing I've done to it so far was added a home made catch can, the decals (I'm adding the mopar symbol on the rear quarter panel), the tints, and muffler delete. sometime next week I'll be adding 4" tips, another sound system, and maybe the blue knight rider light for the grille. Since I finally installed my alarm, i'll be looking for a navi system. Oh yeah and I'm going to be adding rear lambo doors soon.

The lambo kit is a Bold kit, I got from ebay. It's the best $439 I've spent so far.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It wasn't hard at all. the only time consuming part was getting the fender off if you never took it off before. There's like a total of 7 or 8 bolts I believe. With this kit I did have to bend the inner fender lip back some because the shock kept hitting it as the door was lifted. I'd say it took no longer than a hour per door.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I am feeling the vertical doors I am glad to see more and more people going the DIY route. It gives me more confidence that I can do it myself....

seven47fly931741 said:
Just completed the driver's side hinge, it's nice and all, but I don't really take the time to lift the doors up. It takes quite a bit of force to let them down. I'm thinking about selling them already.

Plz...Don't post that "lambo's don't even have lambo doors" picture.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Looks pretty good! If its tough to close i would do what ChargerJay said and get some lower pressure struts.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
439 is not bad at all. I paid 1150.00 for the VDI front door kit from 3G....

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I am not bashing any other companies, however from my experince VDI is really the only company to buy from. I have seen thier products hold up for years and cause no damage to the car. I also know they tune the shock for the application and not just a general pressure for every make/model. I can say that we refuse to sell or install any kit other than VDI, I have seen it go south one to many times.

Looks good man and congrats on the install.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Open Height Q?

The doors look sweet! I was wondering how high the highest point of the door is? Like, how much higher than the trunk when it's open? Just thinking about clearance heights in my garage!
Thanks!

·
Registered
25,912 Posts
Heavy to bring down???

Which set did you go with..

I will say this that I got into a Charger that had vertical doors.. And yes it was heavy as hell.
But then I got into 3g's Mag.. and the doors went up and down with no problem.
He told me it was a VDI set.. I was sold.. over a year with my set. let me tell you I can bring down with one hand. and I am not a strong guy..

If you can get it to work for ya keep them. Doors make a bad ass car badder.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
looks great bro, good mod!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts