Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have always run a larger capacity oil filter on my motors where there is room to do so. Can never have enough oil capacity.

So far there is only one option for the 392. I prefer the Wix brand however the 57899/57899XP are the only options that are M22-1.50 thread and the dimensions to fit properly. I spent almost 2 hours at the local O’Rileys on Sunday with no luck.

I finally settled for the 57899XP which was the only choice to go with of course. I did find a larger standard filter but it was for a diesel as well as the specs were nowhere near the Xp.

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck or if I’m chasing a ghost? I have a call into Wix if they can give me anything I will of course post it!

Here are a couple pics just for the heck of it.
DE8EA6EB-2B09-4922-BB7F-76B752280DA2.jpeg
AF6E2C46-72C0-486C-BA5E-4A7C9A9EACB6.jpeg

Thanks in advance,
Danny

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
You must be old school like me huh???????? (like 1 1/2 qt. "truck" filter for the SBC) :) Nowadays, with the technology and warranties, I go by the book. I don't want to get into some argument over using the wrong filter which caused the engine issue. With all the R&D, I will let the engineers decide what to use. I don't need to give them another reason to deny warranty work.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Post up if you have success. I would like it solely for being able to reach it easier.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You must be old school like me huh???????? (like 1 1/2 qt. "truck" filter for the SBC) :) Nowadays, with the technology and warranties, I go by the book. I don't want to get into some argument over using the wrong filter which caused the engine issue. With all the R&D, I will let the engineers decide what to use. I don't need to give them another reason to deny warranty work.
Lol. Yup I am. There’s no substitute for volume. I totally understand on the keep with recommended products. I will continue looking, hopefully I can locate something.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Look at the 2016 RAM 5.7 filter on wix site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts