Dodge Charger Forum banner

Larger capacity oil filter

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  gapi 
#1 ·
So I have always run a larger capacity oil filter on my motors where there is room to do so. Can never have enough oil capacity.

So far there is only one option for the 392. I prefer the Wix brand however the 57899/57899XP are the only options that are M22-1.50 thread and the dimensions to fit properly. I spent almost 2 hours at the local O’Rileys on Sunday with no luck.

I finally settled for the 57899XP which was the only choice to go with of course. I did find a larger standard filter but it was for a diesel as well as the specs were nowhere near the Xp.

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck or if I’m chasing a ghost? I have a call into Wix if they can give me anything I will of course post it!

Here are a couple pics just for the heck of it.
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Automotive wheel system Wheel
Auto part Wheel Rim Alloy wheel Automotive wheel system

Thanks in advance,
Danny

See less See more
#3 ·
You must be old school like me huh???????? (like 1 1/2 qt. "truck" filter for the SBC) :) Nowadays, with the technology and warranties, I go by the book. I don't want to get into some argument over using the wrong filter which caused the engine issue. With all the R&D, I will let the engineers decide what to use. I don't need to give them another reason to deny warranty work.

#4 ·
Post up if you have success. I would like it solely for being able to reach it easier.

#6 ·
Look at the 2016 RAM 5.7 filter on wix site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.