Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know about the 426 and 440, but is anybody making anything bigger that is still a Hemi?
How much can a 6.1 block be bored to?
How about those aluminum block BMC has?

·
Registered
274 Posts
The aluminum blocks can up to 468 cubic inches. It really depends if you plan on spraying it. If you plan on spray, I wouldn't go over 440.

I'm having one built now. It should be ready to in sometime around December.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason I want it as big as possible is I want to keep my setup Naturaly
Aspirated. I like the reliability of it. I will not be adding spray or any boost.

How much lighter do you think the aluminum block is compared to the 6.1 or the 5.7 cast iron?

·
Registered
274 Posts
The aluminum block is 98lbs lighter. If you're staying naturally aspirated then you can go to the 468. It should make well over 600 horse to the wheels. Expect to pay about 12k for the short block.

Or you can go with a cast block and go with a 440. There's several running low 11's on motor with that setup. You're probably looking around 4-5K for that short block.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
An aluminum 440 is on my wish list. I'm dreaming of 18lbs/boost, with 100lbs less weight.
I'd love to get 850 RWHP on pump gas....

·
Registered
274 Posts
An aluminum 440 is on my wish list. I'm dreaming of 18lbs/boost, with 100lbs less weight.
I'd love to get 850 RWHP on pump gas....
I would think an aluminum 440 with that much boost would put out well over 850rwhp. There's a cast 426 with 13psi and pump gas putting out over 900. I'd imagine you would be well over 1000rwhp.

I'm hoping for 600rwhp on motor and shooting for 1000rwhp on nitrous. We'll see how it goes once its installed.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, ill only get into the 11's with motor only? I want to at least be in the 10's!
Looks like I might have to get boost down the road if a 468 will only get me into the 11's.. I could just slap on a supercharger to my current setup and be in the 11's for that..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts