Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dave
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up some Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner (set was $20 or so on Amazon), mostly for the leather seats in my girlfriend's Fusion. I plan on hitting my steering wheel (very lightly, of course), shift knob, and door inserts with it at some point, but it was mainly for her seats...

Let me tell you... WOW. I'm sure that my amazement is mostly because she hasn't done anything with her seats since she bought the car (2.5 years and 50,000 miles ago...), but the cleaner does a great job of pulling out only dirt, without any damage to the color of the leather. I didn't dilute the cleaner 1:6 like is suggested for light cleaning, just sprayed it on a microfiber towel and went to work, since these seats were obviously in need of some serious cleaning.

Rear seats hardly get used, so parts of it pulled up almost nothing, and other parts pulled up some brown dirt/dust that had gotten ground in a little. No black color transfer from them though.

The front seats? Different ball game... She was heading to her parent's house yesterday to help them out with some of their remodeling, so I only got to test this out on the small bolster piece of leather on the driver seat - one of the dirtiest/most worn parts of any seat. I couldn't believe how oily and dirty these seats were until I took my first swipe with a towel with a little cleaner on it... It didn't even want to move... had to really get the towel pretty damp so that it could slide over the leather, leaving some cleaner behind to break down the oils and dirt. One swipe and the towel was just about black where I was applying pressure with my fingers... Used a little more cleaner and kept finding clean parts of the towel to use and ended up dirtying at least half of one side of the microfiber towel before she was ready to leave. Still need more work, and that's just on the one section...

I still have the rest of the seat to go, along with the passenger's seat, which still doesn't get that much traffic, so it shouldn't be nearly as bad. Anyway, I hope to find some time in the next day or two (supposed to rain this afternoon...) and get some progress and before/after pictures at the very least. Don't hold your breath for video, as that's something I hope to do, but probably not something that I actually expect to happen.

TL;DR - Bought some Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner combo on Amazon for about $20, tried it on a black leather Ford Fusion interior, and was thoroughly impressed. Job's part way done, lots more to do, hopefully pics to follow.

Reactions: CBRRider

·
Drive it like u stole it!
4,819 Posts
Nice review and reps to you. I'll have to look into this as my seats are black leather and look pretty good but the G35 coupe the wife drives has tan leather and needs some work.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yup, I've got it too. The seats just feel different sliding into them, and my steering wheel gets that good grip afterwards. I love it!

·
Dave
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE:

Finished the rest of the car. She had worked on the rest of the back seat, since it wasn't very dirty, and it came out pretty well. Might need to throw another coat of the conditioner on them, since I saw a few streaks, but other than that, those look a bit better. Finally got around to finishing the driver's seat, and WOW... that was dirty... lots of wear and tear, but the dirt came out of it pretty easily. Some of it took a little scrubbing, and I used a boar's hair brush that I picked up on Amazon - didn't seem to do too much more than just the microfiber towel, but maybe it helped a little. After the driver's seat was finished, they felt brand new - huge difference of before and after just getting in and out of the seat, as YOUNG13 mentioned.

Passenger's side wasn't nearly as bad, but I did pull some dirt out of it, and the conditioning seemed to soften it up a bit. The conditioner does have a pretty strong leather scent to it and it comes out when it gets warmer, too, but nothing overwhelming, really. Big :TU: for this product from me!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah I love the stuff. I also use it. You should get the protectant serum too..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts