Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this. Just driving along and lightning bolt start flashing and kind of loose power and the peddle isn't really responding....engine light comes on...it seems to happen when I have the air condition on....(seems to)

I stopped the car....turned if off .open the door to shut off everything.....turn car back on and it did it again....

I turned off Peddle Commander and turn car off again and started car up again and it was fine......then today it did it again while the air condition was on...not sure if that means anything....

I drove the car earlier today with no AC and it did not do it.....???

Any thoughts??

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just wondering... Is your pedal commander the Bluetooth version? I had the Blue Tooth version and when I tried changing the settings with my phone app, my check engine light came on. I had to disconnect the battery for 10 or 15 minutes and then it worked fine (no check engine light). I also had issues when the weather was bad (the pedal commander would seem to disengage for a moment, then all of a sudden re connect, and accelerate like i'm trying to burn out. They changed my Pedal Commander unit for me and so far it's been ok. Haven't tried using the app yet though. I'm wondering if the Pedal Commander has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
947 Posts
So it definitely does not happen with pedal commander turned off/unplugged?
I have no clue, but contact PC technical support as they may have heard of it before

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.....I wonder if it is my battery...it seems to go in limp mode when the lighting bolt is flashing...I turned the PC off and it still was doing it....so I don't know....

It did the same thing on my v6 charger too.....very weird....

I wonder if my Transformer Gen 2 is wearing my battery down....then when I turn on the air...it seem to happen....idk...

Trying to eliminate....I might go and see what the engine code is... I have cleared the code yet...

It is supposed to shut off...but I heard that some other people had trouble with Tazer wear the battery down...grasping for straws....lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys,

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this. Just driving along and lightning bolt start flashing and kind of loose power and the peddle isn't really responding....engine light comes on...it seems to happen when I have the air condition on....(seems to)

I stopped the car....turned if off .open the door to shut off everything.....turn car back on and it did it again....

I turned off Peddle Commander and turn car off again and started car up again and it was fine......then today it did it again while the air condition was on...not sure if that means anything....

Any thoughts??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine did this with the Vitesse... I said screw it and tossed it out. I just did the max throttle bump with the Diablo and I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey guys,

Any thoughts??
I had just seen a video on YouTube about various people having a issue and it all points to the pedal commander. I have no issues with mine yet . So we’ll see . Remove it and see if the issues still happen . Good luck .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts