Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to change out my rotors and break pad to a new set up. Its a direct fit not a big brake kit. Found these and others on Amazon (powerstop evolution sport) and just wanted something a little better than stock. I know there's bigger and better but I read somewhere that if you don't have a v8 then you most likely don't need v8 brakes. Of course mine is is v6. They are around $300 for a whole set up. Just want to know if this is a good choice or not. Appreciate your guys time once again!

·
Registered
513 Posts
...I read somewhere that if you don't have a v8 then you most likely don't need v8 brakes.
If you were happy with your V6 brakes, you wouldn't be upgrading.

I don't think it makes much sense to pay for drilled, slotted, scattered, covered, and smothered parts for puny BR3 brakes. For not much more money, you'd be much better off upgrading to stock BR5 (R/T) brakes. Bigger rotors in front and bigger, ventilated rotors out back will give you substantially more swept area, improved braking performance and reduced fade.

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
9,184 Posts
I replaced the front pads and rotors on my 2011se Charger With the power stop and they seemed ok. I did not go with evolution Pads or drilled and slotted rotors.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I don't think it makes much sense to pay for drilled, slotted, scattered, covered, and smothered parts for puny BR3 brakes. For not much more money, you'd be much better off upgrading to stock BR5 (R/T) brakes. Bigger rotors in front and bigger, ventilated rotors out back will give you substantially more swept area, improved braking performance and reducing fade.

I don't think it makes much sense to pay for drilled, slotted, scattered, covered, and smothered parts for puny BR3 brakes. For not much more money, you'd be much better off upgrading to stock BR5 (R/T) brakes. Bigger rotors in front and bigger, ventilated rotors out back will give you substantially more swept area, improved braking performance and reducing fade.

Cool thanks for the advice! I didnt even think to look into those because I thought I would need to buy even more parts from dodge in order for them to fit, and was just looking for a direct fit. Thanks alot I'll look into those.

·
Registered
513 Posts
You will need to buy a few parts, but nothing too pricey.

My suggestion would be to Google "BR9 Police Brake Upgrade", with the quotes. You'll find the best Charger Big Brake thread available.

Although the subject is actually BR9 Pursuit brakes, all the information you need for the BR5 upgrade is there too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool man thanks alot I actually did look them up after you last reply and they're not much more. More than likely good go with those although alot did pop up so ill type in BR9 pursuit next. Appreciate the help!! I'm not a mechanical person more of a for looks type thats why the drilled and slotted appealed to me first lol. Thanks again

·
Registered
146 Posts
BR9 is the way to go.... true bolt on. BTW you will need to change your fluid if it is 6 years old.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah someone (not on here) told me to bleed the brakes and another told me it wasn't necessary. I don't have the slightest idea so I was hoping whoever does it for me knows what he's doing. Can't even trust mechanics out here. Man how I envy all you diy people out there. Had a busy weekend but got the parts so hopefully next weekend. Thanks bro nice ride btw!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts