Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda new here but I like it so far got my question answered pretty quick but have another one for yall. Got a 16 charger with halogen headlights and am tired of the yellow light. Any suggestions on what kind? Been reading reviews and all are hit and miss cuz they are for all different kind of cars none are referring to projector style lamps. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I think I see the problem. Your headlamp lenses are pretty severely obscured.

You could also try upgrading your bulbs. Double check your owner's manual to be sure, but I think the 2016 has 9005s in both low and high beams. Upgrading to HIR-1 9011 bulbs is quick, easy and inexpensive, and will give you a big boost in useful illumination, if that's what you're looking for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was referring to the yellow beam emitting from the halogen bulb l have read that leds do not perform well in projector lenses. My interior bulbs were upgraded to leds and they are awesome white so I'm looking to come close as possible to that color without leds or a hid kit. Its kinda hard cuz reviews of slavania bulbs claim to be pure white while a review right underneath it says its still yellow, thats why I'm asking fellow charger owners for your professional opinions. Also just recently purchased led side markers and love those also.. so I'm looking to finish the look of the lighting all around. Thanks again for your time.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Right. The problem is that most halogen bulbs are going to be in the 3100k range, sort of yellowish compared to HID or LED. The go-to bulb for what you're trying to do used to be the Sylvania Silverstar, but they were really just blue-coated, to shift the color a bit. They eventually picked up a reputation as a "poser" bulb and you don't generally see them often outside of the "primered 90s Honda" crowd anymore.

But they're still out there, and these days they're rated for around 4000k. Maybe check them out and see what you think.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right. The problem is that most halogen bulbs are going to be in the 3100k range, sort of yellowish compared to HID or LED. The go-to bulb for what you're trying to do used to be the Sylvania Silverstar, but they were really just blue-coated, to shift the color a bit. They eventually picked up a reputation as a "poser" bulb and you don't generally see them often outside of the "primered 90s Honda" crowd anymore.

But they're still out there, and these days they're rated for around 4000k. Maybe check them out and see what you think.

Yeah maybe what I'm looking for is more of a "for looks" type less of a super bright light since I live in a city environment and not a rual one so brightness isn't really a must. But again they do need to produce some throw i will most likely go with your choice for my needs and hope for the best. They should last longer on my car since it uses a different drl. At least I think it does.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah maybe what I'm looking for is more of a "for looks" type less of a super bright light since I live in a city environment and not a rual one so brightness isn't really a must. But again they do need to produce some throw i will most likely go with your choice for my needs and hope for the best. They should last longer on my car since it uses a different drl. At least I think it does.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi again I was looking at some leds from cougar and they are an all in one type conversion and are wireless. Just a simple plug and play set up. Any knowledge of these and if i will need a anti flicker harness the sight says it might or might not so its not at all clear about it and don't wanna chance it cuz as you know these lights are not the easiest to get to. I have watched YouTube videos on them and seem great but again of course they do not install them on chargers lol. Thanks again for you time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts